Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / @Randi

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2003 16:28
lol

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2003 22:50
Quote: "if i know women, then she's sitting watching the thread with her arms crossed pouting, in sexy non photo-shopped lingiere........"
I guess you don't know women then. What kinda idiot are you anyway, do you enjoy buging the crap out of others to the point where they leave?

DDR is the best form of exercise money can buy.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 16:57 Edited at: 26th Sep 2003 16:59
lol geeze settle grettle, i never told her i thought it was photoshopped, i jsut said that when my girlfriend saw it she said she though tit was photoshopped. randi was the one who cut up nasty and said she was leaving just cause one guy asked if it was photoshopped. hell if you're that mental then you deserve to leave :/ i have no grudges against randi and never have, i've always been as nice as pie to her, and i don't recall ever bugging her. idiot. something tells me you're just upset cause you love her, and now she's gone it's ruined your little world. go have a cry arrow

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 17:47
Now play nicely kiddies...

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 18:46
attention seeking or not you should've known better

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 20:32
hey i been ignoring sorta this thread too cause its too long and i have enough to read a school. But from wat i got the last 6 posts some one is mad.

My site is delyaed for the 250th time!
If life is just one big joke...
then I must have missed the punchline.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 23:17
Yes, his name is Mr Hatter...

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 00:27
lol. Because of Bozo playa Robx, we lost Randi

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 02:50
Robx, you really need to grow up. If you're half as old as you look in your sig you, childish name calling shouldn't be an option.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 02:57
Maybe it's him that photoshopped his sig

Dark Basic Pro has arived! I can feel the power!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 13:08 Edited at: 27th Sep 2003 13:14
childish name calling? what cause of the grettle part? that wasnt name calling thats just a phrase, settle grettle, or did you refer to "idiot"? caus eas i recall:

Quote: "What kinda idiot are you anyway"

which is why i called you an idiot. and mattman i may speak inthe third person when i say this but uberwiggett did not make randi leave, randi made randi leave. She got cut cause some girl she doesnt know that lives half way around the world to whom she has never had any contact with said in her opinion that image was photoshopped. what me thinks is that randi was already agitated enough from something during herday that she just need a little push to snap. from what i recall i never said anything bad to her, so why is everyone thinking im at fault?

infact i jsut read through the concerned posts and at no time di di accuse her of having fake photos, all i said was my girlfriend thought they were, and she replied yeah whatever you want to think blah blah, then in the next post she claims that she doesnt need this kinda hassle, what hassle? i never said anything that could be a hassle. She also goes on to state that these forums have become trash, so me thinks it was not me who got rid of her but people like arrow who call other people idiots and tell them to grow up. hell i never had a bd attitude on these forums before, i've always been in jest. ANyway enough of this, i suggest you all read randi's lasts posts here a bit more wisely and you will see that it wasnt my fault, she left cause she didnt like these forums anymore.

oh and yes i photoshopped my sig like i have green hair white eyes or metal face masks, i do have a pirate hat, but its not red.

[edit] please excuse the typos as i cant be stuffed going over them. the extra b is for byobb.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 18:15
Quote: "arrow who call other people idiots "
I don't call everyone an idiot, I called you one, why? Cause you are one! Have you looked at any of you posts through out the General Talk Board? You post stupid, nonsencical rants about pirates and robots, half the time I have no clue as to what you're talking about. Consider yourself lucky you showed up just after Geri, else everyone whould've been flaming you.

Right now I'm in a pretty pissy (not prissy) mood,so I'm gonna do a bit of venting, I probably don't mean half this I'm about to say, but screw it, I had a long night at work.

I sick and tired of the complete lack of any kinda of maturity here, I can think of 6 people here that show some signs of maturity and over half of those are Mods. I realize that a large share of DBP users are under 18, but that's no excuse, just look at RPGamer. It realy torks me off that we are losing decent people here cause of some yo-yo thinks everything is fun and games. I'm sick to death of immature worms, trolls, and petty grugdes tearing this place apart. Enough with this crappy, grow up and ack your age. Gain some insight, take responsiblity for your actions, and strive to be better.

Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 20:14
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 06:23
bah
ignore arrow he is a constant grouch. He seems to have a problem with every single person that is just trying to have fun.

Quote: "sick and tired of the complete lack of any kinda of maturity here"

oh no we upset him. Loosen up man u sound like my buisness teacher. Next thing we see is u giving lectures on the importence of grammer in posts. I think people who u consider "imature" are the kind of ppl who make these forums more livly and a nice place to chat and learn new stuff.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 06:35
No, what I was ranting was people that post crap like:

*Kick so-in-so into a gaint can of soup*

Or other such things, if I wanted to see that kinda junk I'ld go to www.DBZchat.com, one can only stand so much follish crap bvefor they start to got batty, I can't remember the last worth while post I read here.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 10:15
Quote: "I'ld go to www.DBZchat.com, one "

I hate those DBZ chat crap... al;l they talk about is "i can make KI beams" and that sh*t...

Now arrow... its a buncha >18 year old kids here... you can't seriouslly expect matuirty at all levels. I can be Serious when i want.... and sometimes i like to f*ck around... it depends on if i'm ina good mood (or if i'm drunk..high or forgot to take my Zoloft )

--eRic

A Dream is a Dream unless it is Real
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 12:34
Quote: "rants about pirates and robots"

well it is the general forums, where else should i post it

and for the maturity bit, it's called having fun, let me tell you that this place would be a whole lot much shipper if everyone went around acting mature, in your sense of it we'd have a whole lot of people posting about how immature someone is and flaming them. I havent said a bad word about anyone up untill now and i don't inted to start. All i'm saying is that people who try and be all mature minded on forums drain any kind of fun out of it, and people who flame people who havent done anything wrong and call them idiots aren't very decent people. I never said to kick anyone into a giant can of soupso i assume you're talkign about someone else. And fair enough i don't think teh forums are for people to come on and mock other people or flame them, but certainly talking about pirates etc is perfectly alright, if i spammed a thread with some nonsense story it was because the thread itself was or had became nonsense and i protested it. I remember doing that to a few threads where a flame war was occuring, and i pointed out the sillyness of the arguments with my posts. anyway i think we should all just get along and have fun making games for people to enjoy, if you don't wan tto make games then go use a different programming language.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 15:24
but i digress, TREMBLE PUNY HUMANS! MY RACE WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!

uh i mean, let's all settle our worries over i nice warm glass of melonade.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 15:45
Tut tut genocidal racsim anyway the human race is mine,

MAKE WAY FOR THE LORD HIGH MEGALOMANIC

~I see one problem with your reasoning: The fact is that is a chicken~
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2003 18:29
1) I have yet to flame you (very tempting), but trust me, you'll know it know it if it happens. The few times I come to blows I make Raven look mellow.

2) I've been part of quite a few silly and/or fun posts, I'm not saying we should all drink coffee and complain about the youth. I'm saying that when a certain topic is serious or even semi-serious one shouldn't go off acting like a complete noob. The only reason people do that (in my eyes) is either to piss off the other parties or to get attention. Being mature doesn't mean not having fun, it means not offending the other people just for a laugh.

3) No, the soup comment wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at Omega who seams to use that kinda net lingo far more offten then needed. However you've said some off the wall stuff like that before (not anything remotly like a flame, just a general comment, it seams I have to point out that most of what I say isn't supposed to be taken offencivly, usally I'll note if it is, too many people are just waiting to ponce on others, [once again, not a hostile comment {the two points of me telling you the ovious may be taken minorly offenive, but only in a jesting manner}])

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 11:59
Arrow, I think you need to chill.
Anything that annoys you on this forum should be swallowed then covered with cold pizza and warm cola. At the top of the page it was 'Guys not keeping it in there pants' that made Randi leave, now it's all Robs fault?. At least keep your opinions consistant.

Randi left because she thinks this forum is getting ugly, and I can see where she's comming from, people can't even have a laugh in Gen Disc without fear of annoying some opinionated user these days it seems.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 18:09
Umm... last time I checked she allready left by the time I made that remark ( which was aimed at the guys who, as Randi put it, "making me feel like garbage"). In fact I was the only one here that wasn't harassing her. Why was I so negitive, cause I've seen it before, sweaty teen who harass female members untill they leave, it happened to Bunny and other girls that had threads raised in their honor, don't try to pin this on me.

It seams that people always seam to take things in the wrong way. My last two posts were not written in anger and should not be read as such. I maybe bluntly honest but rarely am I spiteful. Everything said in this and the previous two posts were said with no ill intentions. Personally I can only think of the first point on my last point that could be take badly, even then it wouldn't be enough for me to be needing any kinda "chilling out". Must I post a smilly after ever thing I say so no one is offend by whatever meanig they can swist out of it? ( just to show how sliily it is). How many other post can you name that have ever had me acting agessive or flame happy? Step back a few moments and consider my history here, I'm not one to insult people haphazardly.

I'm getting a little tired of defending myself, personally I don't the amount of public focus on myself to be so great even I have to start talking about me. I like to keep a small ego here, I don't like narcissism, and I would preffer if the random veiwer doesn't have the chance to think those words to my name. So can we just drop the subject? Ermes got in contact with Randi, Randi showed her underware, Randi was offened by certain un-named members and left, what's more to tell here?

PS. None of this is to be taken in a hostile manner, every think said here was said with a calm mind and not in angry or spitefullness, though a bit sarcism on having to remind people of this constantly, however I'm taking actions to prevent it.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 18:42
Arrow,
You went from blaming guys making Randi feel like crap to blaming Rob for making her leave because of something his GF said. Randi was waiting for an excuse to leave - I don't think you can point fingers in these situations. I personally have never harassed Randi any more than she wanted, which goes for the majority of people here - I've certainly not posted anything deemed offensive, Randi's leaving concluded on this thread, but god knows when it started. For all we know, this nonsense we're throwing back and forth might be keeping her away.

I think most people get a laugh from Robs piratesque antics, lighten up and see them for what they are - diversions from the hell that coding often is. I think everyone is free to contribute what they want here, I've seen several occasions where Rob has offered help, I would see your point if it was someone with no interest in DB.

I was'nt the first guy to ask you to chill, I reckon this thread is dead and I hope that you'll start being more positive, the less flamebait threads around here the better IMO. I have noticed a slightly hostile attitude in you lately, otherwise I would'nt have thrown in my 2 cent's.

C'mon lets leave this thread to die unless Randi makes a miraculous return, then we can get back to coding, entering compo's and laughing at the crazy Aussie who things he's a pirate .

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 18:45
Fair enough.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 20:24
arrow
do shutup

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 20:28
it would make the world a better place too.
oh and about randi. She'll be back. They always come back.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 20:54
Quote: "oh and yes i photoshopped my sig like i have green hair white eyes or metal face masks, i do have a pirate hat, but its not red."

dunno why not, WebDext used to have blue hair ... and my bro has grass green hair - some people do some weird thigs.
personally though though you'd MSPainted it

gotta say though there is alot of immaturity going around.
sure Randi left because she wanted to, and announcing it probably was a sympathy bargin...
but still alot of the comments that have been made were uncalled for and really something that'd youd expect from people my age who are totally immature - not people far older and supposidely wiser in the ways of women.

i mean christ even teens know that you never comment on a womens body, thats like part of the 10 commandments man

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 22:21
Umm.. megaton, you're a little late, get off my ass.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 10:43
well im glad its all settled. and arrow i also apologize if i sounded abusive towards you aswell,i was just trying to explain myself

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 17:55 Edited at: 30th Sep 2003 17:55
It wasn't the comments toward me, it was the one that could have been taken as sexist ( can't remember even which one it was). After all the crap about me not being understood correctly I guess I can offically put me foot in my mouth. Let's just forget about it.

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 18:35
Hey, now I finally have broadband, I propose all websites in the universe have audio forums (i.e. record your voice), thus eliminating communication misunderstandings. Who's with me?

Insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 19:02
Pass

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 20:56
very intresting. i have a lot of problems reading your posts in english, i wonder if i have to LISTEN at your posts by voice!!!!

Free Download for a Free World
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 21:10
Well vocal stuff would make it worse! I mean think of all the accents we hav' 'ere nobody would understand a 'fing we is saying init, mate?

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 21:23
Think about the place it would take on the server.
I was only twice in Britain, and only one person told me something about my way of speaking (it was an australian), so I suppose the others aren't saying much if you have an accent.

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 21:34
I'm justing saying that it'd be a little harder to understand some people I mean not everybody from say Yorkshire can understand a cockney accent (believe me its cause a hell of alot of problems with my cousins) and vice versa.

Damokles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 21:37
lol, be glad you're not living in Belgium, or in any other country where you can find more than one language.

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop." - Lewis Carroll
Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 21:39
Yep I'd be in hell I mean I've only just stopped taking French *does a jigg* and i can't remember anything about it!

Yian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2003 22:27
if you really want to speak i guess the msn thing is the closest...

-john D.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 14:37:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 14:37:27