Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / save object command problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The command "save object" doesn't appear to be recognized by DBP on my computer. It doesn't turn blue when you type it in, and it doesn't appear in the command index under help. Any ideas?

There is no such thing as "Too Fast!"
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 06:43 Edited at: 31st Jan 2010 06:46
this appears to have been an (unconfirmed) issue in 2007 and, while i can't find any mention of it in Bug Reports, it may have been one at some point.

if you haven't upgraded your DBPro (which is my hunch), i recommend that you do so. beyond that, if you are up-to-date, there's a chance your help files have been corrupted which i believe should get fixed with the "repair" aspect of the DBPro installation application, though i've always re-installed DBPro and updated whenever something appears to have been corrupted (i once noticed a command missing from the help files and, upon further investigation, realized i was missing more than one. i have no idea how it happened but the clean re-install fixed it ).

good luck!

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Rapidrory
Years of Service
User Offline
Yer, I think the lack of an up to date is the cause of the problem. unfortunately it will not let me upgrade it as it complains that 'dark basic pro is not installed'. I think this is because my computer corrupted a while back, and i transferred all the files across to a new hard drive. It all runs OK, its just not installed.... Any idea how to fix that as i cannot seem to find the option of installation in any of the files...

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2010 19:03
Quote: " i transferred all the files across to a new hard drive"

not good you'll have to re-install from CD or download the online or free version (i dunno which one you're running, so...), then activate and upgrade.

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Rapidrory
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, im just downloading the free version....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:25:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:25:48