Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / newbie questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all whats up i know the basics of programming "HTML" and im currently in a computer programming class at school we r learning java any ways im strongly considering buying the biggest bundel pack provided on darkbasic.com and i was wondering can u make any type of game with it? like could u make a sports game r a shootem up game r just anything? and also i know it will be a LONNNNNGGGGG time before i do this but is there any way you can make an online game?

I make lil stickfigure animations right now go to fun-games.net to see em my name is Rob
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2003 04:26
you can do everything you mentioned and more in DBP. It all depends on how much time and effort you commit to reach your goals. If you are taking java and are finding it easy you should have NO problem learning this, or any form of basic.

good luck

try the dbp trial download (it's a full version of dbp with a time limit) then if you like it you can buy it.

-RUST-
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2003 07:54
ok i came from java before finding DB.

I was at first frustrated at the lack of true OOP action, but then I found typed arrays will suffice for the majority of problems with multiple object control and usage.

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:33:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:33:39