Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBPro 30 day trial and DBPro Free Version?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 02:26
I have downloaded 2 versions of DBPro - the 30-day trial version and the free version (that has the features of the paid version, but is supported by ads and that business and educational establishments cannot use this version).

When they say that business establishments cannot use the free version, does that mean I can't sell games made with the free version?

Also, I want to switch from DBPro 30 day trial to DBPro Free. I have already installed DBPro 30 day trial on one PC, but I want to install DBPro Free on my more powerful PC. It was mentioned that DBPro Free 'is for single home users only', so if I uninstall DBPro 30 day trial from my initial PC, will I be able to install DBPro Free on my more powerful PC?
Melancholic
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When they say that business establishments cannot use the free version, does that mean I can't sell games made with the free version?
"

No, but in the agreement you should also see something which is along the lines of "You can not use this prodcut for commercial use". That line means you cant sell what you make with it. Sorry.

Quote: "It was mentioned that DBPro Free 'is for single home users only', so if I uninstall DBPro 30 day trial from my initial PC, will I be able to install DBPro Free on my more powerful PC?"

you should be fine, what that line means is that DBPro free can not be used in any sort of company developing games and apps ect.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 09:14
Quote: "does that mean I can't sell games made with the free version?"

When you will be able to create your own games, the last thing you`ll worry is the price of the commercial version of DarkBasic , so have fun with the free version and then think about it.

cheer.

learning every day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:01