Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9|Fenix Mod] Perdition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 22:03 Edited at: 19th Feb 2010 14:18

EDIT: Updated with new demo.

Story:

You've lived your whole life in the countryside, in a small town where everyone knows each other, everyone is friendly to others. But one day, everything changed when a strange man dressed in a large, black coat and a big hat and a mask to cover his head, appeared to the town... He wanted the townspeople to pay taxes to another town, which no one in your town had never heard of. The man told the town is a very small, hidden village named Grosfburg.
And your town's people started paying taxes. Not much, but little.
For ten years, but then you had grown up to be an adult, and had had enough, and wanted to find that man, and kill him. So you left to the town of Grosfburg... Only with your gun with you...

Download the one level demo:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2og5nnwdtmz

Screenshots:

Please comment!

maxiqueen123
Years of Service
User Offline
thats nice

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 22:25
What happened to your other project:S?

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 22:27 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 22:28
Quote: "thats nice"

Thanks!

Quote: "What happened to your other project:S?"

I'm still making Lair of the Antichrist.
But The Past of Decay is sorta like on a holiday, LOL!

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 00:38 Edited at: 6th Feb 2010 00:38
Looks great. 2 Tips.

One, make the ambiance a tad brighter. Maybe 10 or 12.

Two, I see you're going for a greenish overall hue/style to your game. Here's an idea, instead of using one consistent lighting color (which becomes boring and repetitive even though the screens may look great.)

Try using a color palette for the lights. Here's an example one you could use. (Just whipped it up in Photoshop for your game, feel free to use it.)

-AaronG

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 03:00
that is some of the most atmospheric lighting ever. you're improving by leaps and bounds. the lighting has so much personality.

to fenix mod!
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 04:24
I am sorry to say this, but I tried the demo and didnt like it at all.

It was so dark all i could see were lamps because of the ultra-small lights that were right beside them.
So i exited the game went to the language bank and edited the ambience so i could see.

But i could hardly do anything.
I kept falling through the floor over and over and over again, i couldnt get to where i needed to go.

da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 04:50
Quote: "I am sorry to say this, but I tried the demo and didnt like it at all.

It was so dark all i could see were lamps because of the ultra-small lights that were right beside them.
So i exited the game went to the language bank and edited the ambience so i could see.

But i could hardly do anything.
I kept falling through the floor over and over and over again, i couldnt get to where i needed to go."
same
Arctek
Years of Service
User Offline
It's TOO dark! You should make more lights. Look at other games for reference, like Doom 3.

But no hard feelings! This game looks cool and quite creepy as hell!
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 09:31
Hmm, I don't understand the falling through the floor... Because I tested it many times and that didn't happen, not even once...

And well, it's meant to be too dark, lol. And I'm not going to make the ambience higher. I like it so it's pure black, lol. The second level will have kinda more light, in some places, since it's partly in the houses.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 00:23
Quote: "And well, it's meant to be too dark, lol. And I'm not going to make the ambience higher. I like it so it's pure black, lol. The second level will have kinda more light, in some places, since it's partly in the houses."

shame its too dark to get to the second level

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 01:52 Edited at: 7th Feb 2010 03:48
I actually tried out your demo (usually I don't, I just go by the screenshots) and I found myself firing off shots just to see where I was going (the layout and use of entities seemed good though from what I could tell)
People always mistake that "atmospheric" = no lights/can't see anything. If you want to keep things dark, then at least increase the brightness of the lights you do have in place or add a flashlight (dunno if fenix mod will let you do that, my game being made in Unity has a flashlight and it works real well...)

If you can't have a flashlight then turn the ambient light up until at least the outlines of things are visible--you'll notice that games that don't have flashlights are rarely pitch black (like Bioshock), it's not a good sign if things are so dark you can't even see the floor.
A good workaround is to use black fog. It's a very good trick, lets you keep the ambient light relatively high, and yet the player can't see past the fog range. HL 2 Ep.1 uses this trick in the underground parts

Unity Engine 2.6 is now available for FREE
http://www.unity3d.com
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 11:49
Quote: "shame its too dark to get to the second level"

...The demo has only one level... So you can't get to the second one, LOL!
Quote: "A good workaround is to use black fog. It's a very good trick, lets you keep the ambient light relatively high, and yet the player can't see past the fog range. HL 2 Ep.1 uses this trick in the underground parts "

I'll try that then.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 04:14
I recommend if you can use lightmaps? its really bad. and the ambient is much dark

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 06:49
Maby make teh light a little bit bigger, but I like the ambience dark. It's nice, I like teh atmosphere there.

"You are one of the best game designers on TGC"- Bloody James
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2010 13:49 Edited at: 19th Feb 2010 14:18
New screenshots...
From the same level, but with more light.

EDIT: NEW DEMO!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2og5nnwdtmz

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 11:15
BUMP!!! People... What is it with no one not even seeming to notice this thread? And the demo has only been downloaded once?

SGJB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 15:26
The story is great, very original and the screens look nice too, you got a perfect mood going keep it up.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 15:33
Thanks! But argh, I'm having problems with getting motivation to continue making the second level... It's still even too early to post screens...

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 18:17
...Ok, I know, this "announcement" doesn't have a purpose, because almost no one's interested.
But I have good news and bad news:
Bad news: I'm not working on this for some time. Possibly never again. And I'm afraid I can't continue making Lair of the Antichrist either... Because my computer sucks and I can't build it because it's too big and I just love it too much to make it smaller.

But now to the good news:
I'm working on Gore Club Mission again. But because I don't have the old maps anymore, I start again. And well, it'll be awesome. But with small maps, or one big map, so my computer can build it.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
tahts bad... and yeah i saw all your posts but well... i like this game it gives me the "Creeps" (good name for a game,mightuse it on my next project)
just.... do this,
1. Redo you game if its too big then Wth if you like youill do it..
2.dont start another project until you are sure that the projects you worked are Crappy and erased...
i liked the look of them but whatever,do what you think its right

We are watching you
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 19:27
...Okay, I decided that I might still be continuing to make this. But for now, I'm focusing on Gore Club Mission again. So... Except see a new thread for it soon.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks!
btw come online on MSN

We are watching you
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 20:02
I am online in MSN...

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
then add me my email is

We are watching you
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 14:37
I tried the demo.It was pretty good,the sound could have been slightly better.It was fun but a bit short.

A.K.A djmaster
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 15:47
The new screens look awesome! Will download the demo ASAP!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 18:45
Thanks guys, wait until you'll see the new Gore Club Mission I'm working on with Bloody James... Hehehe...

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
hehe thanks Sekoidiootti and yes im working Both Decay 2 and GCM

We are watching you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:03:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:03:54