Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Huge green box from nowhere

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2003 23:25
So...when I animate the Alienware alien, and he raises his arms in the air, a huge green box appears on the right hand side of the screen. Any ideas why this is happening?

Alienware demo version.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 00:57
Presume this is linked to your other post about phantom objects. Big green box looks like arm or leg of alien, just very big. Presumably you don't want to give away the code. Looks to me like a camera problem. I had a similar problem when doing a free-flight camera view and somehow got two views being showed at once. Make sure you are syncing correctly.

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 12:23
Looking at it now, I know that this is a problem with seeing 2 camera views on the screen at the same time. Thanks for the push in the right direction.

Multiple Cameras are new to me. Do I have to create a Camera, or is there a default one if you don't? When I create Camera 1 and set it as the current Camera, this problem is what I get. If I don't create a Camera, I get the problem where the screen doesn't clear itself and all the objects blur across the screen as I move. The Backdrop is definitely on.

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 13:24 Edited at: 11th Sep 2003 13:26
if the backdrop is on and you use the default camera (#0) then you should get no blurring, try putting the scene inside a giant cube with culling set so you can see the inside and then see what difference that makes, but if the background is on and not clearing then you may have a driver/DX issue, you only ever need to use camera 0 for the main views and you don`t need to name it in most of the commands (eg: position camera 20,30,40 ...... no camera number needed), use the other cameras for effects or split screen, but you should always be using the default camera for your primary view(you can tell it by the default blue background, not green, green is a created camera) extra cameras will slow down the code so they are best avoided wherever possible, cheers.

Mentor.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 15:19
Trying to condense my issues, which have now become 1...please add any replies here...

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=16578&b=7

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 21:34:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 21:34:29