Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Extends Plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to use the Extends Plugin and keep getting the error " Object already exitst" when I try to use the B3D Load Object command. I'm writing House = B3D Load Object "Media\house.x". According to the documentation, the syntax is correct. Any Ideas?

I'm using version 7.4 of the IDE and Vista

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 13:26
Try this :

House = B3D LOAD OBJECT ("Media/house.x")

Regards,
Sph!nx
Arod
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply Sh!nx,

Tried is with the open and close parenthesis. still no go.
Arod
Years of Service
User Offline
Figured the problem out.

Turns out you have to use the Extends commands through out when loading objects otherwise it will try to use object numbers that are already in use.

Doh! what a doofus!
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 20:07
In fact, eXtends don't check if object exist and use an internal gestion for objets so you must use only eXtends load/clone/instance/delete objects. no more the default DBPro ones.
This choice was made to keep performances as up as possible (more checking = less performance).
If you use only eXtends functions/commands, you should no more have this kind of problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:07:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:07:26