Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Error with Window shaper - Styx Plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 02:19
What is wrong with line 20 of the sample code included with the Styx Plugins window shaper?

Does anyone have a clue what the problem is??? The code was never altered and came with the Plugin.

The current syntax is:

20 Shape Drag Mode \"shapeDrag.bmp\"

The ERROR Reads:

Parameter mismatch in command \'SHAPE DRAG MODE\' at line 20.

I have the recomended (Latest) DirectX 9 and am Running Dark Basic Pro Ver 1.074. I\'m Running XP Pro SP3

What is the problem???

This is from the Styx Help File:

SHAPE DRAG MODE

SHAPE DRAG MODE sets the mouse drag mode of a shaped window. The default is 0, meaning the window can\'t be dragged with the
mouse. A value of 1 allows to drag the window whenever the left mouse button is pressed anywhere within the window. Additionally a
mask bitmap file can be specified. This bitmap allows you to define one or more areas where mouse dragging is allowed. In this case an additional mask colour can be specified too. By default the command uses the bottom left pixel colour.

Note that with the current version of the STYX plugin only Windows Bitmap files (.BMP) are supported.

ARGUMENTS:
* Drag Mode = The drag mode
or
* Mask Bitmap = Mask bitmap file with drag zones
optional:
* Mask Colour = Mask colour for the mask bitmap file

SYNTAX
SHAPE DRAG MODE Drag Mode

SHAPE DRAG MODE Mask Bitmap [,Mask Colour]

Regards Dale k.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 01:24 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2010 01:34
It happens to me as well. Replacing the name of the bitmap with a 1 works as it should. It's pretty cool. Apparently it doesn't like the string or the bitmap. I'm not sure what this is supposed to do with the bitmap mask.

Addendum:

I've been messing with it for the last half hour. I'm beginning to think it's broken. That doesn't concern me so much at the moment. One still can shape the window and drag it around.

chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2010 18:35
There is another window skinning dll on the forum which may help.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=16333&b=5

chunks

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows vista ultimate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:15:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:15:00