Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Order DarkbasicPro...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 13:55
My parents wont let me order darkbasic pro from the internett..
Their afraid of Hackers that might steal their Visa card reg. code...

So I was just wondering is it really that dangerous that they say it is, (they havn't ordered anything from internett yet) or is it safe..

I really REALLY WANT THIS PROGRAM!!!!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 14:00
It's pretty safe! But they don't have to order via the Internet. They can order by phone or fax if they like. Just click as if you are ordering the product on this site, select "Share-It" as your payment service and on the share-it screen there are options (at the bottom) to phone your card details into them instead.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we have short-circuited the Universe!"
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 14:02
oh! thanx I'll talk them into it!!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 14:19
@myslef

When you go onto ShareIT's website, you'll notice a small padlock icon appear in the bottom right hand corner of the IE screen, and the web address will start with "https://". This means that you are visiting a secure site, and everything that you send over the internet (ie. credit card details) will be encrypted.

I use ShareIT to sell my products, and have ordered from them many times without problems.

OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2003 14:46 Edited at: 11th Sep 2003 14:47
Most banks/building society will refund you if your the 'victim of internet fraud' anyway. Mine will also ring me if they think they've spotted anything dodgy (the last of which was when Dabs were adding and then deleting 1p off my account).

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:43:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:43:08