Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can anyone correct this code please?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 22:20 Edited at: 15th Feb 2010 13:58

The code above needs correcting and i've spent a few hours trying to figure it out...
what im trying to do is have a list of 2 short sentances, one which will be called "Game name here" which can't be selected, and another one called "EXIT" in the center which can be selected and used to exit the page completely.

if you know, could you also show me how to put texts in corners? because i'd like it in the bottom right corner.

if you could correct the code for me, i'd greatly apreciate it, i've spent a while trying to do it, its probly quite easy, its just its one of my first projects.

i've put an attachment in if you want to see what i have successfully done.

Ready For Anything!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
darkvee
Years of Service
User Offline
You using a mouse to do this?
I need to know exactly what your trying to do. Are you trying to make a main menu?

darkvee
Hekael
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 22:17
Quote: "
You using a mouse to do this?
I need to know exactly what your trying to do. Are you trying to make a main menu?
"

Nah not a MAIN menu but a section off a main menu, it is meant to be a section in the middle saying something like "GAME INPUTTED HERE" and then at the bottom right corner a BUTTON saying EXIT, that can be selected and used by pressing enter, "GAME INPUTTED HERE" will just be text that cant be selected, and the button when hovered over will turn red so you know what your selecting, and no, its not using a mouse, just up and down keys and the enter button.

Ready For Anything!!!
Hekael
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 22:24
And i've updated the MAIN MENU bit.
if you want to see it, here it is.

You'll get a error code saying cant find MAINGAME,

Here it is above, you need to go into the files options and make sure you've saved both of the 2 codes as GameMenu V.1.1 and MainGame, once in the files option in the bottom right corner, browse for them both and put them in, then just run it and it will work, its the only way i've learnt how to do new pages, but it works. So its alright because ive learnt that in quite a short time period.

Ready For Anything!!!
FireIndy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2010 14:27
I'm not sure if you still have an error or not, but I'm pretty sure that you can only have one Do...Loop in your program. Maybe that's why you're getting an error.

Want to work on Desolation? Click my sig!!!
Email: davekramer@live.com ; MSN: davekramer@live.com
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 02:14
That seems awfully complicated for a set of menu buttons.

I suggest you take a read of this:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106004&b=10&p=0

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:27:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:27:17