Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im looking to learn more about muiltiplayer and how it works. in my seemingly endless search for a language, i stumbled upon DB. but i dont know if it would work for my multiplayer purposes. so...uh...Will it?

I am canada, the funny hat of america...but what does that make mexico? a goatee?
Andrew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 00:20
Are you after a game like the Final Fantasy series?
Looking for the menu where you select different characters is hard but there's a way
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 00:22
DBPro supports multiplayer

-RUST-
waffle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 19:43
yes it does multiplayer. Its good enough for turn-based games and simple FPS if "handled" right. DBPro is better for multiplayer as it proccesses data faster. DBC is interpretted, but is cheaper too and does not require a good 3D card or DX9.

Both DBC and DBPro use DirectPlay for online stuff which is a "pretty good" way to go. By pretty good i mean simplest method to abstract from. A faster way is TCP, but requires more lowlevel support. Even faster is UDP but that ......

Basically, when deciding on a SDK, decide if you just want something simple, that does the job, or do you need "features" and the option of expanded "third party" features. I think DBC goes for about $15 if you shop around while DBPro goes for about $80.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:04:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:04:29