Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Gah, i feel so stupid (help with objects)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
for some reason, i cannot load an object, or any object for that matter. here is the code i have condensed it to:

attached is a picture of what it is in 3d canvas, and its position in the folder. i have a breakpoint on the line "int q = 0" and "int r = 1". neither are ever tripped, so the file exists, and the file loads. i have rotated the camera 360 degrees in all directions, and cannot see it.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Poof Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been using the 2d stuff so I'm not to sure but shouldn't your dbPositionObject(1, 0, 0, 0); be in the update loop? or I guess while loop?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 08:46
"dbPositionCamera(1, 0, 10, 0);"

that will position it above the object, try 0,0,-100 or something similar(that will make the camera face it assuming the camera has a rotation of 0,0,0).

bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
i rotate the camera 90 degrees on the x axis (up and down), both ways, and it still will not show it.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 18:45
remove dbAutoCamOff(), if you can see the object then the problem is in the camera location / direction

bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
nope, removed autocamoff, and it still does not show up. even tried autocamon, and it still wont show up. again, i have breakpoints in the if statements for if the file does not exist, or the object does not exist, and neither are ever hit. is there a way to see if the .x object is corrupted or something?

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 15:22
maybe you have the wrong GDK version? get latest from the sticky, download first attachment, replace old headers and libs with the new ones then you need to scroll down, you will find another attachment, use it to get latest version, put them with headers / libs.

if you already have it, i dunno, sorry

8BitTonberry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 04:39
Are your directories set up right? Perhaps it's looking for the object in the wrong folder.
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, now this is getting worrying, i cant even create primitives, like cubes or spheres

8BitTonberry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 02:09
Have you tried making a new project, then trying to make primitives or load objects?
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, i have tried to make a new project, and i have looked at old projects, none work

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 22:02
even the default starter project for 3d that creates all the rotating spheres??
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
yep, not even that works. the wierd thing is, it was working fine, and out the the blue, it stopped. here is a list of notable things i have done inbetween it working and not working:
reinstalled 3d-canvas
installed tortoise svn
installed wc3
attempted write a program with opengl, but never actually ran it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 16:24:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 16:24:02