Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Piracy: The Mystery of Port Royal

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All

Thought it was about time to start a WIP for my latest history game. I am not sure how big this game will be - I don't really have the time to create a game as large or in depth as Pioneering but I also want it to be somewhat larger and deeper than Virtual Boonesborough which was more of an interactive museum. I think this game will probably fall somewhere in between but I daresay I will market it as another mini-adventure (ala VB).

As for the actual game, it is called Piracy: The Mystery of Port Royal and it will be an adventure game - not an FPS. I am trying to make something a bit like a point a click adventure (but first person, obviously) that sees the player gradually unlocking new areas of that famous pirate town Port Royal in order to progress. As with all my history games the player will discover historic quotes and facts as they progress - but in order to unlock new areas they will have to solve a number of puzzles. As with Virtual Boonesborough this game will re-create a sizable chunk of the town based upon first hand accounts. Here are some screenies:

Pioneering: Explore the Early American West - Website: http://www.thehistoryforge.com
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
really intresting... by the way why are you using Horror mod
Fenix mod has Horror mod already!

We are watching you
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "really intresting... by the way why are you using Horror mod
Fenix mod has Horror mod already!"

It's a time issue - I started using horror because I needed the stock variable function to work whilst getting a performance boost; horror mod allowed this. I've got Project Blue but I've not installed it yet because I don't really have the time to get to grips with a new mod - for instance I'll need to relearn the varibale system in PB, figure out how to select which level to progress to, figure out if the variables carry between levels, etc, etc.

Pioneering: Explore the Early American West - Website: http://www.thehistoryforge.com
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 23:54
very nice. I like the design, but I must suggest that you add a VERY bright moonlight to brighten up that nice looking ship. also, put some other lights on the chests that you will get your eyes plucked out over. to be frank I didn't even notice them.

to fenix mod!
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "very nice. I like the design, but I must suggest that you add a VERY bright moonlight to brighten up that nice looking ship. also, put some other lights on the chests that you will get your eyes plucked out over. to be frank I didn't even notice them."

Thanks for the advice - can't decide if I want to add a moon light to this level - I kind of like the ship being a distant, foreboding sight though now that I look at the screenies it is a bit dark

Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 08:58 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2010 09:00
Quote: "Thanks for the advice - can't decide if I want to add a moon light to this level - I kind of like the ship being a distant, foreboding sight though now that I look at the screenies it is a bit dark"

I actually like that the ship is loomming off in the darkness. I would leave it as is, but that is just me. Overall, this looks intresting(and educational). Keep up the good work!

C.R. 2008

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

THE ART OF DARKNESS IS COMING... 2012
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2010 15:32
Always remember! Don't do piracy! lol

Nice work, this will be a nice add to the history forge stuff there. I like thi work, but I'd propably add a moon there too...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:54:38
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:54:38