Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / matedit help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

im new to dark basic professional but not new to programming... ive used game maker to program 2d games and super simple 3d games and im moving up to darkbasic for full 3dness

anyway im using matedit and created a matrix and built it so i have 5 files in my matedit projects folder: _TESTIN.BMP,Grass.bmp,TESTIN.MA0,TESTING.MBK,TESTIN.MDF.

yes my project is named testin anyway i have not used matrixes b4 and the only thing i know how to do with it is
and im not sure if i did THAT right.

basically all i want to know is how to put the matrix i made into code so i can look at it through my camera

thank you for youe help,
why789
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 02:10
The quickest way would be to find the example demos and copy all the files you mention above into one of the demo folders.

Load the demo .dba file into DB and change the name of the matrix in it to 'testin'.

Run the demo and it should use your matrix.

TDK

why789
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for replying

could you please give me a step by step?? im super confused...

i was following the binary moon tutorial for DBC and iv understood everything about the matrix but they are using the function load matrix which im pretty sure doesnt work in dark basic pro because when i try to compile it it gives me a syntax error.

thank you,
why789

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:24:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:24:00