Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Objects not working

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 19:57
Hi Coders and thanks in advance!

I have created an object in Sketchup and exported it as 3DS format and OBJ format.

In my code I use

Load Object "name.obj",1

or

Load object "name.3ds",1

Each time it crashes?? Any ideas where I am going wrong?

I'm the daddy 'round 'ere
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 23:16
The obvious first question is "do other objects load OK"?

Next, 'crashes' is a term which couldn't be any more vague. What exactly happens? Do you return back to the DBP IDE, or the Windows Desktop? Or does you machine freeze and you need to reboot?

Any error messages?

You give us the line that loads the object, but absolutely nothing else. How are we supposed to know that DBP isn't loading the object perfectly, but the very next line of your program is what is causing the problem?

We aren't mind readers...

TDK

The Daddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2010 11:33
Hi Mod

Sorry about being vague:

1)I know this line crashes because when this line is removed there is not problem! The code itself only sets a display loads this object and sits in a loop until the mouse is clicked. If I remove this line then all works perfectly fine!

2)There are no error messages, the program stops responding and windows kindly tells me!

3)I have loaded a model that is in DBO format and that worked fine. The models I wanst to use are exported from Sketchup and can be in either 3DS or OBJ format. Neither of these work and cause the same problem?

Once again thanks for any help

I'm the daddy 'round 'ere

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:24:53