Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] 2 years and a day

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 12:07
Its just after midnight when I started writing this. Sept 11/03 has come and gone with out incident. Praise the intelligence communities, military forces and every day men and women.

When I woke up this morning, I wasnt worried about another attack, I tried not to think about it, but I sat back and thought a long time about how quickly these 2 years passed. What has changed in the world, what is the same.

Tonight I can say nothing is the same since 9/11, little things are of course, but the world has become more aware, and if one good thing happened because of those attacks, its that we are all more aware.

My Grandmother is reaching her mid 80s, and I remember the day after the attacks watching tears run down her face, this was the worst thing to happen to the world in her life that she has witnessed. She said, in her life she has seen war, poverty, love, sorrow, and hate. She no longer wants to think about where she was when she heard about the attacks, when Martin Luther King was shot, Kennedy was shot, the second world war coming to end, and now the day the world wittnessed the death of thousands of innocent people.

I dont want to be in my 80s and look back and list anything more horrific then 9/11. I dont want to see war, I hope that the world will join forces and remove the Bin Ladens of the world.

While I dont agree with how he got his message across, I understand his message. But he should have attacked the military, not civilians. I know it was a terror attack, and I have been nervous about getting on a plane since then, my last flight down to Grand Rapids Michigan was not the best flight, it was a month or so after 9/11, and I had to think would I be like those brace people on the flight when they jumped the terrorists. I would hope so.

I have lost faith, not in God, but in man. But tonight as I watch TV and I see the tribute to those people who fought and won against those terrorists, but ended up making the ultimate sacrafice, and I see a interview with one of the family members of a passenger. And there are two words that make me smile, and regain some faith.

"Lets Roll"

http://matedit.com/forums/index.php (other great DB forums)
Current Project - Legends of the Sword - On my WWW
Check out profile for more information

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 12:42:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 12:42:48