Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / .MAP -> CSM file convertor for Cartography Shop v3.x

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 12:30 Edited at: 12th Sep 2003 12:32
Ok folks, finally got it up and running. Please find on my web site in the tools section, a .MAP to CSM file convertor. This application will parse any .MAP file, including WADs and create a CSM file with exported textures as BMP files in a subdirectory named after the .MAP file you're converting. Once the .MAP file is converted, copy the subdirectory to your CShop/Textures directory before loading the .CSM file.

Please note that this current release of the application does not modify the .MAP light entity parameters in anyway, so you will need to do this in CShop before rendering the lightmaps. I've tested this with small .MAP files and WADs but not on very complex maps so please bare with me if you have problems. If you do, email me the .MAP, LOG output, and any required user based WAD files. If you're using Half-Life WADs, I've already got them.

Anyway, enjoy and I hope it proves useful.

APEX!!

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 11:08
Ok folks, I've updated my MAP->CSM converter tool. It now converts Hammer MAP based light entities to comply with Cartography Shop's point light entity definition. All brushes are now separated making easier editing, and I've also sorted out the shadow cast issue.

Enjoy.... Feedback welcome

APEX!

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 16:01
A new update is available, v1.2. This release fixes a problem with UV texture mapping, so you can now load CSM files with proper texture alignment using my CSM file importer, also available from my site.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 06:12:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 06:12:31