Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / control bones/joints in darkgdk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi! is it posible to change the position or rotation of the model's bones in darkgdk? i know u can do that in 3d programs, but doing it in dark gdk will save me alot of frames.

heres an example why i need this:
lets say i have a character who's holding a gun and a walking animation with 100 frames. now i want the character to be able to look up and down. that will take 180 frames. 1 frame for every degree. but for every frame from the walking animation he should be able to look up and down. that will take 18000 frames not including jumping, reloading and dying. all i would need is to change one bone for the character to look up and down, and instead of 18000 frames it will only take 100 frames.

thanks
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
well, you can create a separate object for each limb, and then load and place each one with limb commands, but im not sure if or how to use bones with a loaded object.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 17:05
You can change a limbs rotation using dbRotateLimb.
Bones are called limbs in DarkGDK. You just need to figure out the correct limb ID of the desired bone.

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
dark creator
Years of Service
User Offline
i didnt know that. i wondered what those limb functions do. thanks _Pauli_!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-05 16:24:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-05 16:24:01