Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Ok i am in a tight situation....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If i make a game with T3DGM and link it up with dark basic (So one level after the other. Would i be able to sell it as a Dark Basic game and not need to pay for a 3dgm liscen or would i have to get one???
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 19:40 Edited at: 12th Sep 2003 19:41
Sell a game developed with T3DGM....You can sell everithing in this world.

Free Download for a Free World
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 19:48
You can't link from T3DGM games to DB games, at least not in a coherent way other than running the EXEs really, it certainly wouldn't look very smooth anyway.

As for being allowed, no of course not. If you sell a game made with T3DGM, then you need the license for it, regardless of how many other bits of the game are made in another language.

Cheers,

Rich

The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Your brain's just like any other appliance: it works better if you plug it in...
Gecko
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you

but at my school in year ten we have to set up a bussnes and sell items to the school. This is for "Bussness tactics to be used in life". Would i be able to sell my games then?
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 20:46
You might be able to get a reduction in the license fee, but that would be all.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester
Dazzag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 01:56
Seriously doubt it. Got to be like making an application using a pirate version of VB, but using DB as a menu system to run the application's different areas. All very well, but VB was used to make part of it.

Unless of course DB has really ropey wording around their licence. If you can interpret it another way (ie. they haven't made it water tight), then I suppose you could get round it. Otherwise I wouldn't hold out much hope. And I wouldn't contact DB about it, cos if there is a loophole in the licence that makes your idea legal without a TGM licence then this would just identify it to them and they would close it. Hell, if it works once, then it won't again as they would certainly close the loophole for the next time. eg. a sentence stating that if any part of a game has been created using TGM then you need the licence.

Cheers

I am 99% probably lying in bed right now... so don't blame me for crappy typing
=C=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 19:47
If it is a business project where you have to show how you make a business move and try to sell something then surely part of this project would be to illustrate the purchase of a license for the software you made.

You will get extra marks for this, trust me.

If I was your teacher I would certainly give you marks for buying a license and subtract marks for running a business or being an enterpreneur who uses pirate software.

Your project is trying to be a real world example. You don't want real world problems by not paying for a license.

Actualy this license cost, as with any other costs, should reflect on the pricing of the product you are trying to sell.

Alternatively ask from your school to fund the license. Debate see where it gets you. Success or failure is not important what it is is the experience you will gain, your negotiating skills will improve and be tested and you might even win a license fee.

There... I gave you a bit of material to think and include and write to your project. As a matter of fact I would use the content of this thread as an appendix on mine!

-------------------------------
Pointy birds, Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head, Anointy 'nointy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 12:26:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 12:26:40