Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / texture probs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well i read a lot of posts on this board and tried a lot of stuff posted here, but still cant get this working...maybe someone could help

this is my example..made in anim8tor:

well after trying to get it like it is into the game i opened it with a 3d model viewer:

since it displays almost correctly it seems theres no prob with the model but loading the 3ds model into the game causes this:

well i read about x-files working a lot better and solving some probs...but as an x-file it appears like that:

thanks in advance
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 00:28
eh? what? who? when?, oh! I see, 3000mb images downloading , I`ll come back when they finish crawling down the phone line,
<2 mins later>
ok!, have you got the texture file in the same folder as the exe?, they should display just fine, it looks like they are trying to use some kind of texture but its all smeared out in a small area of the object, it should work, my only guess is that the texture files are missing or the wrong format, I think they have to be bmp for .x files, either that or the other thingy x files use ...er...tga I think, not sure of that though.

Mentor.
TrueMOD
Years of Service
User Offline
guess this was my first lesson on this board...next time ill put a warning in the headline, sorry about that.

well i have all files in the same directory, the 3ds, the xfile and the bmps that where created during convertation. so i got all i need in the same folder where my prog is in, but its just impossible to load an object with predefined textures...all that happens is this messy stuff you see on top
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 11:24
have you tried downloading and putting the competition alien into the program?, it may be the problem is the way animator exports the tree and it`s texture, DB can sometimes be picky on what it feels like loading, if you can load another textured model that we know works ok then that would be the problem, you may be able to get round it by importing into something else then exporting as 3ds or .x again from another program, it could be just the file format that is messing you about, other than that I have no idea, sorry.

Mentor.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 14:13
no one ever gives jtedit ago. John Thompson forgive me if thats the incorrect name wrote a x exporter for milkshape but also has a 3d package for free use called jtedit. Its supposed to be a lot more compatable with DB than anim8or in regards to Uvwrapping and animation.

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia
TrueMOD
Years of Service
User Offline
THANKS A LOT!
well I found this anim8tor on this board too...so thats why i used it since bryce wont let me export stuff and all the convertation kinda *****. This JTEdit is a lot better than anim8or in my opinion...thanks a lot to you two!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2003 11:14
cheers mate

http://www.lunarpixel.com
It's already tomorrow in Australia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 00:59:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 00:59:57