Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Wanted: Your GDK bugs

Author
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2010 11:00
maybe you should create an Order of Creation tool to get it fixed for now that is.

if you create an object 1 - 10
before creating them , create 2 arrays that will hold 1 ID second FileDestination
and just opposite the creation of them
so 10 becomes 1 and 1 becomes 10.
asdronin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 13:23 Edited at: 7th May 2010 13:27
I think you are right and maybe for now thats a kind of solution, however if we talk about using plane object for recreating effects such as smoke or fire this gets much difficult to handle or maybe I should say impossible to handle as there could be other transparent objects in the background and will be impossible to isolate just the particles to swap the order they are placed in relation to the camera.

Anyway, allow me to post the code I mentioned as I just created s short example to show the issue, maybe this could clarify what I mean.

Seeing the queue from one side is ok, from the other side I see the borders of every plane when overlaping the next one and this breaks the effect.

Edit: The plane objects are not being rotated as this way there will be moments when they will overlap and thats another bug already commented before

Attachments

Login to view attachments
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
asdronin: In your sample above, try replacing the

with:

Try this and let us know how it works. For me, it seems to be working properly, but then I guess I'm not really sure what you're after.

For more flag meanings see this thread. I'm not sure, however, if GDK supports every value...

Hope this helps,

JTK
asdronin
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot JTK for the idea =), indeed this is pretty amazing, this way it blends correctly and there is no error in the planes render, I didnt know about those flags you mentioned, I dont think I will use flag "1" anymore lol.

As I said sorry because this is not part of the bug list and as I mentioned with the flag "3" this works perfect.

sorry for posting about that issue and thanks a lot for trying to improve the DGDK
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 20:29
Just posted another one

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170268&b=15

Can't wait for all the fixes

Yours
N3wton

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
dbSetCullingON gives me way to many memory leaks.

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 10:45
Red Eye, I'm afraid that assertion is useless without a proper bug report.

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2010 22:34 Edited at: 26th May 2010 22:53
Okay, just got back into DarkGDK and am having a HUGE problem.
No matter what I compile, Debug or Release, I get an odd error:

I even tried to run the wizard without adding in any additional programming, and it still comes up with that.

I am running Win7 Ultimate, intel Centrino Duo 2.00Ghz, and an nVidia 850m graphics card. I've even uninstalled the entire software set, and reinstalled it, and still have the same error-- on everything!

Please help.

[Note: Here's the link. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170673&b=15 I did forget the DarkGDK in the title, sorry. U_U]

bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
this is not so much a bug as a critical design flaw:

darkGDK has almost no capabilities for text. my main gripe is that if you were to call dbText, then change the various text properties, then call dbText again, both strings would be output with the same properties.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
http://www.lionsbloodstudios.justinman.net/index.htm
BrightSpark42
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 23:09 Edited at: 13th Aug 2010 13:53
I've found that fullscreen shaders(Bloom, DOF)don't work with Dark Physics. I've attached a project like you asked, all you have to do is uncomment the physics commands(dbPhysStart(),dbPhysUpdate()) to test it. I get 3 errors when i run the code with those commands uncommented.

[Edit]Fixed this bugg , now works perfectly. Here's the link http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=168574&b=22

BS

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sector046
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm fairly new to programming, but I believe I may have found a bug When the up and left arrow keys are held down, the text moves up and left. I have given the spacebar the ability to reset the text back into a visible portion of the screen. The problem occurs when the up and left arrow keys are held down (the text moves up and left), then if the spacebar is pressed while the arrow keys are held down, the text keeps moving, ignoring the spacebar's function.

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2010 00:40
That is most likely a 'bug' in your keyboard. Regular consumer keyboards are designed in a such a way that many keys share the same signal path, so pressing multiple keys has no effect. You can buy high-end keyboards which solve this issue.
Sector046
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll have to dig for another keyboard tomorrow, see if that works, which probably will. My current keyboard is a Logitech bluetooth, which is probably screwing up the output of the keyboard. Did not think of that, thanks a lot!
draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2010 18:59
I suggest you do some research online. The keyboards which solve this problem tend to be very expensive. For example: http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-64225-Steelseries-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B0038X3ZVM

Quote: "The SteelSeries G Series Keyboards redefine “anti-ghosting” features by supporting as many simultaneous key presses as there are keys on the keyboard."

To be honest, if you are happy with your keyboard, I would say stick with it and just try to design controls that don't suffer this problem. Change the space key to a letter key and it should work.
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 15:01
Hi Guys,
I'm finally back on this - no excuses (none that I'm willing to post here anyway ).

I've made various changes to get the GDK libraries to compile warning free, and I'm working through the testing of those changes - I have already tested these in DBPro, so this is really just a formality.

In addition:
- dbCL has been fixed and tested.
- the stack corruption caused when some runtime errors occur has been fixed and tested (example I was given was loading a non-existent object).
- missing prototypes in headers fixed (only the ones I've been told about).
- linker errors to missing functions have been fixed.

Once I've completed testing all of the above, I'll check the code back in to Google code and start on the next batch of fixes.

Utility plug-ins (26-JUL-2010)
I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 15:52 Edited at: 8th Oct 2010 15:57
Sweet! great to see fixes coming, but while you're at it, may i ask, why are you stil using aug 2007 release of directX? it's too old, you could make a newer version, including vs2010 support too, i'm pretty sure the whole community would like this

[url][/url]
Nothing's impossible, it's just a matter of time...
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 20:42
That's not going to happen in the short term I'm afraid. I'm using DirectX Aug-2007 and VS2008 because switching either one would mean:
- code changes beyond those needed right now for bug fixes.
- all third-party library additions to also switch, fix code, repackage etc.
- Everyone else using the libraries would also need to update their development environments and make changes to their existing code.
- I'd need to buy a full version of VS2010-Pro (I am supporting both GDK and DBPro - I can't do that with VS2010-Express).
- You'd wait longer for the next release.

However, once I've checked in updates, feel free to download them and recompile using VS2010 and whatever version of DirectX 9.0c.

If you do so, keep track of what changes you make because it'll make future migration easier to carry out when we get to it.

I'm applying terms of use that require you to wear a red nose and honk a horn whenever you use the Internet
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 22:50 Edited at: 8th Oct 2010 22:51
Ah..
Quote: "I'd need to buy a full version of VS2010-Pro"

i can already forget about it then..it's somewhat expensive

[url][/url]
Nothing's impossible, it's just a matter of time...
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2010 12:49
If anyone cares, I have a version that I've built for VS2010... can't upgrade the DX without messing around though... because in DX June 2010 there's no multiplayer and it no longer uses ddraw.lib... (not saying its not possible and I probably will change it so it will work with latest version, also meaning (maybe) a possible version with DX10? I have never programmed with DX10 only used DX9 in my 3d graphics module at university)

I still need to test all the lib's work right, and need to check with TGC (mainly why I'm making this post) if I'm aloud to post the VS2010 libs on the forums... or if they want them to provide a separate download...

Yours
N3wton

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ian, I'm glad that you are back and working on bug fixes, that's good news indeed!

You mentioned "checking in" the updates, but I suppose updated libraries will be released later in some installer or zip package as well?
N3wton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 15:26
just wondering are you only do bugs in the core GDK, or are you gonna do bug fixing in plugins, like DarkPhysics, AI and shader?

Yours
N3wton

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 15:47
Just the core right now.

I do have access to the source of some of the others (where TGC own the code), but I'm not familiar with the code yet, and I'd ask for permission first anyway.

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Now that you are here and attacking bugs, I would like to ask if you are going to try to correct the memory leak associated with using functions returning char pointers (e.g. dbStr)?

Maybe you remember that I asked about this once in the bug report section. Sorry to bother you again but there we talked about the function interface rather than tackling the original issue. Now that I think of it, you didn't actually confirm the existence of the problem. I understand that a big change is out of the question, what I'm asking now is whether you can confirm it and whether the use of work strings in the system can be improved?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:26:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:26:33