Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how can i use a 3d model created in 3ds max in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have a .max 3d file created in 3ds max with materials on it ,with its rig and animation. I really don't know how to use it. I have tried exporting it to .x file using both in panda and kwxport but the results are weird. Sometimes when i run the compiled project, i see nothing but black screen. Then i try to adjust the lights, then the results become the 3d model with weird color. The original file has textures of .dds/.tga image files and has complicated UV mapping. Another is the animation, where does it goes? I have seen games in DBpro with moving models stating that that was created in 3ds max, but my compiled project has no movement at all. Sorry for my long question, what i am really asking is to how use 3ds max model properly in DBPro. A big thanks in advance.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2010 17:59
So many things you haven't told us...

DBPro should load 3DS files, but I've noticed that some models with DDS textures needed the texture loaded as an image and then applied to the object separately. If I didn't do this, the object appeared solid black.

What colour is your backdrop? If it's black, then the above problem would show up as what looks like a blank screen.

Are you using AutoCam Off and positioning/pointing the camera at the object manually? If not, do it. You can then move the camera away from the object and see if it appears. (If the object is too big, the camera can be inside it and the cull settings make it invisible to you.

As for object animation, take a look at Play Object.

TDK

FirstTimer16
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, ill try it. what do you mean by "the texture loaded as an image and then applied to the object separately" do you have any a link i can read on about this?
FirstTimer16
Years of Service
User Offline
i have tried all of your suggestion and everything works fine except for the animation, i tried play object/loop object command but it is still not moving. I don't know if the problem is in exporter or elsewhere, but i guess panda exporter includes animation in converting process.
Woarther
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2010 15:18
TDK was referring to this:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:17