Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Cold Stasis

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 18:29 Edited at: 5th Mar 2010 17:03
[X9] Cold Stasis (Project Green)

Hey guys, I'm starting work on my new project, Cold Stasis. I've got some screen-shots and a quick demo for you all to try. It's set in the “Divergence Universe”, as will the majority of my game in the future. This is my second project on FPSC, it's a story-driven horror game.

Short FAQ
What happened to Divergence?
Sadly, I lost my entire team of voice actors and there was an overwhelming amount of bugs. When I've had a break I'll return to it – and hopefully when I get a new computer to get some higher fps. This game started as a request from some schoolmates, although it turned out decent so I thought I'd post it here!

Known Bugs?
There has been some problems with the player falling through the floor when pressing against some static objects, although I hope to fix this problem shortly.

Features?
- A creepy, claustrophobic environment.
- Project Green (I hope to get blue soon!)
- Iron-sights
- Detailed and carefully created levels.
- Audio logs located throughout the levels (still WIP)

Story!
“They say in stasis you don't dream... And some say in stasis, you don't wake up.”

New Colony Barges leave the inhabited systems all the time in search of new planets for people to begin again. Usually carry around 2000 people, encased in tanks of steel, the New Colony Barges will drift slowly through space and time until it finds a planet that is considered hospitable.

The Colony Barge “Brighter Dawn” was lost almost three months ago. The dawn was equipped with new kinds of technology similar to that used in the Divergence project to allow humanity to terraform planets in a much more simpler method. Recently it was found by a military vessel. Initial reports were unclear, although it was rumoured there were illegal operations were being conducted on the vessel, and so “ghost evaluators” were called in. It costs insane amounts of money to bring a colony barge back to populated systems, so instead ghost evaluators were called in to evaluate the cause of the ship becoming lost, and return with anything of worth, including survivors; then declare the ship “ghost”. You are Roy Jennings, one of the evaluators sent to investigate the Dawn. You are sent in a small frigate to investigate the New Colony Barge, although all is not what is seems on the Brighter Dawn.

To-do list

Section 1 – Storage
Level 1 – Ready to beta
Level 2 – Ready to beta
Level 3 – Ready to beta
Section 2 – Research wing
Level 1 – Polishing up
Level 2 – WIP
Section 3 – Infirmary and mantinence
Level 1 – Polishing up
Level 2 – WIP
Level 3 – Not started
Section 4 – Ship Processing Core
Level 1 – Not started
Level 2 – Not started
Level 3 – Not started
Section 5 – Evacuation
Level 1 – Not started
Bonus level (will do if time permits) – Not started, still unsure whether it will be done.

I've bunched the levels into sections as the levels themselves are “short”. This way, the game could be described as having 5 levels, which doesn't seem overtly-prestigous.

Other things to-do:
Loading Screens - WIP
HUDs – Subtitles are WIP, the rest haven't been started
Voice Acting – I have a few A-level drama students interested, fingers crossed they'll do it.

If anyone's interested in helping, shoot me an email or just post here (do email me if you would like to beta-test).

I also plan to release the first section as a demo shortly!

Please comment on what you think of the concept and screen-shots so far:

[URL=http://img402.imageshack.us/i/snapshot7d.jpg/]

Please tell me what you think !

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
amd the demo you mentrioned??

cool pics... i might recommend adding Lightmaps to evry lamp you have

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 19:16
Thanks for the comment Bloody James. I'll be releasing the demo shortly, but sadly I need to iron out a few bugs, get voice acting done and some loading screens. Although the demo will comprise of section 1, so is very close to being finished.

I think the second pic down with the un-lightmapped one was taken with no shader effects on, due to shader problems with the enemies. Thanks for reminding me it was off tho'!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
any updates?

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 08:29 Edited at: 4th Mar 2010 08:31
Indeed. I've got a few more screenshots. The actual levels for the demo are now finished. I'm just having this problem with falling through the floor bug.

NOTE: the last screenshot is supposed to be dark, it's in the part of the level where the power goes down for a few moments

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Darky.. misa like it

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 17:06 Edited at: 4th Mar 2010 17:06
Thanks Bloody James. Progress is going smooth, although slower than normal (I'm doing revision for exams )

I'll post some more screenies of the research wing soon (... I bet your wondering what'd be lurking in the research wing )

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 11:50 Edited at: 6th Mar 2010 11:50
Sorry for double post, but I've got some screenshots again! Most are from the Main Atrium, while some are from the Research Wing.

Could you please comment reguarding what you think and where to improve

Kalinka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 15:15
level desing remind me FEAR. I love it. I play FEAR now...

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
really nice screens TIS!!

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 23:40
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm currently working on the last parts of section 1 and adding some enemies. I'm hoping to be ready to release the demo very shortly. As mentioned a lot before, I'm still seeking out Voice Actors. These will most likely take the form of some drama students I know, so it should be quite good.

Keep the comments coming please!

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 20:30 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 20:31
Hey guys, sorry again for double posting, but I've finished the levels for section 1. Tommorow I am going to gather the voice actor(s). I'm currently working on loading screens as well, although progress is slow as I'm revising for exams

More comments please!

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 09:25
Those look so great! Keep up the good work!

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 17:07
Thanks for the comment Sekoidiooti. I've recently starting some huds and custom scripts. Attached is the basic template I'm using for making the subtitles to go with the voice acting.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 21:43
Sorry I haven't been around for Cold Stasis much, exams and another project I'm doing for an I.T. presentation has meant that progress has become slow. However, I have some more screenshots and good news. Cold Stasis has gone Project Blue! Expect higher fps, dual wielding and custom scripts!

Only recently did I realise my lightmapping quality was on 5! I've changed it now so lighting should look a bit better.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 19:19
Nice screenshots! Nice dual wielding!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
what mod are you using??

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 20:13 Edited at: 19th Mar 2010 20:17
@Metal Devil123 Thanks for the comment mate.

@Bloody James I'm using Project Blue, although as I'm still browsing the features, I don't think it'll be packed with features yet. Probably just dual wielding and the compass atm

I've been doing some work on the Stasis Chambers. The stasis rooms are packed tight with the pods, to conserve space on the Ship, so it may seem claustrophobic inside.

URL=http://img87.imageshack.us/i/snapshot22.jpg/][/URL]

EDIT: And some more!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 20:28
I like the pods on the ceailing! But I would suggest putting that light higher, it seems like you would bang your head on it. But this looks nice in every other way!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 13:17
@Metal Devil Thanks, I've just fixed the light and raised the light it a bit.

I hope more people comment, I like to know where to improve

The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 20:36
Bump! Exams are finally over for me so I'm getting back to Cold Stasis. I've got some more screenshots from the cryo-chambers.

The second shot may look a bit empty, but as soon as I add static entities the Brute gets stuck and stops chasin' ya

I'd like to get loads more comments!

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 20:40
I am sure you d' like to get a load more comments....

....but personally I dont comment on screenshots anymore, since more than 50% of the WIP threads never lead to something playable.

But once you release a demo (and I play it) you can be sure to get a full review.

Until then- keep up the spirit!

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
The Imperfect Sheep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 21:44
Thanks Storyteller, I'll hold you to that one

I decided to make a later part of the game as the demo, 'cus I don't want the story to become apparent straight away. Hopefully, I'll have a beta demo up in a few days, but I'm not very good with deadlines

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 14:28
BUMP!

Still working on this?

Abdul Ahad

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 10:36:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 10:36:03