Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Quick question about saving....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, ive just started in DBPro and ive been working on a couple different projects and its fun and all but what ive come to find is that when i switch between the two projects they overwrite each other ALL THE TIME! Luckily i have backups, but I find this to be very annoying and what to get this solved before it really affects me. When i save i use save all, though ive tried it with save project as and save document seems to be the only tried and true method. I mean im not an idiot, i know which project is which and im saving them in the right spots but it seems like just the act of opening up the other project overwrites it for some reason. What do you guys do?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 23:11
Assuming that you are talking about the original IDE (the one with the dark brown pyramid in the top-left on the menu bar), what we do is either:
1. Switch between projects by shutting the editor down completely and then opening the new one, or
2. Switch to a different IDE.

The last release and the current beta are currently bringing a new IDE up to speed that won't have these problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:26:18