Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 21:47 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2010 22:02
Game Cancelled

Game Cancelled

Game Cancelled

Game Cancelled

Game Cancelled

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 22:54
You do know you should finish one game before moving on to another ?

But the screens look good. Nice work

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2010 23:06
I agree. The screenshots do look nice, but when you keep adding more and more projects to your plate, in the long run, none of them will ever end up getting done (speaking from experience).

Kravenwolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 00:05
I agree with kravenwolf. I also must say that all of your games look the same for the most part. try to experiment with different locations and different styles of level design.

to fenix mod!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
well thanks for the possitive comments
btw i started this game when i finished Riverside Level 1 (level 2 is just a tutorial)

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 00:59 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2010 14:22
New pictures:

[Pics Updated in first post]

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good, love the great texture work
Second one would allow more darkness, I think.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks dominik the texture on the walls is the Cabin interior texture by Kravenwolf (i imported it)

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 07:10
Nice screenshots. Keep it up.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 13:17
Awesome,I can also see my powerbox in screenie 2.

A.K.A djmaster
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks MD and Chargerbandit yeah i used your powerbox (its better than MP3 ones)

expect some more screenies

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 15:05
another project? wow you really should finish the others...

Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 15:16 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2010 15:17
ok Expect riverside on Show case soon(gotta fix some bugs)
btw new screen

[Updated in first post]

Zay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 16:54
This game is turning out nice!
Mind telling me where did you get that light?
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 17:39
The game creator store I believe, at least thats where I got it...

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah thats correct

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
no more comments?

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
New screen:

but it doesnt matter since ill redo the levels cause im planning first make the story and voice act and then make the game and add some detail on segments

btw replying again to Mgarand,Bigsnake and Kraven

I finished completely Riverside asylum but i cant build it crashes when loading Sky...[Debug string bug]

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2010 20:44
Nice shot.

Check you have your skybox there correctly. That it's path or something hasn't been changed.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i even changed it it keeps happening

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
AdrianoJones Wannabe is now the main character's voice

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
expect some modyfing [Extreme] on the game!

Small update:
Bigsnake its now the Second Lead developer!

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
L.I.F.E is now cancelled since FPSC doesnt have the power i need
ill start a new project with Bigsnake

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 22:04
Quote: "ill start a new project with Bigsnake"

I will still be working on sewer life BTW, I've got the 3rd level about 1/2 way done aswell but sewer life will be paused just for a few days

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 22:43
I think, you need create one game first, no change the projects, start another or something. The developers need much time dedicated to the project.

Quote: "L.I.F.E is now cancelled since FPSC doesnt have the power i need "

Anything its possible with scripts and with imagination.

The power its in the [i]Developer
not in the Engine .[/i]

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 22:43
Perhaps, and this is just an idea, you could stick to trying to complete one of the many projects you've already started. I mean, you've got quite an extensive list to pick from already -

Riverside Asylum - The Untold Story

The Vault: Lost Dreams

The Awakening

Critical Point: The Fallen

Demonic Twilight

The Lab of Ares

The Vault: Histories of the Past

Til' Death

Hate

Not to mention the fact that you've started multiple projects (or attempted to) with other individuals around the forum, including assisting dxdragon86 with Decay 2 which, in my personal opinion, is a significant project to be a part of and rather a privilege - if I was you, I would have devoted a lot of attention to that due to the capabilities it had.

Listen, I admire your passion for making games with FPSC, it is a great program and really fun to use; I also know, as anyone who's used FPSC for a long time could tell you, it's not exactly easy to start up a project and actually plug away at it until completion. Especially one that, from the get go, is supposed to be 10 or 12 levels with an integrated story line, complex, detailed environments and scripting, along with the struggle to ensure it's genuinely fun to play and has no bugs!

All I'm trying to say is, perhaps pick one project - start it with whomever you like, use whatever story line you want, but commit yourself. But I do understand that perhaps in the past, with your plethora of old projects, you may have in fact gone into every one of those believing you'd be committed. What you can try this time around however, is maybe doing an episodic game; design a plot that revolves around series of 2-4 level releases. And, put all you can into each and every episode of 2-4 levels, and every time an episode is done, release it to the community! You could even construct the story so that, it doesn't necessarily have any required amount of episodes - perhaps the story could stand with one epsiode, or two or three, however many you could create before wanting to cease progress on the project. Just design each episode as one that could be the final levels of the game; if we get another episode a month later, then great! We get to continue the adventure, and if not, then we know where it ended off and you successfully completed a game.

It's just an idea, but you really need to understand that the more projects you start that don't ever get completed, the more your credibility unfortunately goes down. I think everyone around here gets caught up on graphics, on making sure there is detail in every aspect of the environment as can be, and how visually impressive they can make it - they seem to let slip the fact that, regardless of what a game looks like, it's never going to actually be worth anything to anyone unless it gets developed.

Keep at it though man, your skills have been significantly getting better and better since you first appeared in the WIP board. Have a great day.

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 22:45 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2010 22:51
Riverside Asylum - The Untold Story
i finished this one...
but my game crashes

btw wow
didnt know that i had so much games....
the thing is ... i finished all of them (exception of life and The vault histories of the past) and the thing is my FPSC crashes and thats a bug ibeen having when i try to build long levels..
also... i think that my threads are abandoned by people too quick...not like Alpha project who 1 year later was reactivated... and it gets 10 comments per day mine gets 2 and thats ok..

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 22:58
Quote: "also... i think that my threads are abandoned by people too quick...not like Alpha project who 1 year later was reactivated... and it gets 10 comments per day mine gets 2 and thats ok.."

2 days ago, I posted part 5 of the once-popular BOTB Blog that I run. Not a single post. It's not about how many posts you get. It's the feeling of satisfaction that you have when you are able to complete something and be able to share it with the community.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2010 23:11
Quote: "not like Alpha project who 1 year later was reactivated... and it gets 10 comments per day"

Well, Alpha project is a BOTB WIP, and does stand out from the other games around here. But you are getting comments on your work as well, the only difference is yours seem to be divided between 11 WIP threads. In my opinion, seeing project after project started with two or three screenshots and then abandoned a few days later could be discouraging your regular posters from checking your threads anymore, knowing your newest project will most likey be canceled a few days later; with nothing left behind except two or three screenshots. Sort of like what happened with Wizmod

Like I said before, I can't really talk because there's a pretty fair list of projects I have on my back burner as well, but I have taken my own advice. Which is why no one here will see a WIP for my current project until I have a polished demo to submit to Keith.

Kravenwolf

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
mm
kraven... you opened my eyes again... my Game Creator Eyes..
so ill start again... im not saying it wont be hard.. but you are right btw... when Trashed Memories gets over... Hate Starts Again!! ;D
btw kraven.. would you like to help me with games and so?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:53:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:53:42