Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / timer help ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
basicly i need help with coding on my timer for my game i can make it run just not reset when player hits the edge

also i need help with the center text bit ("failed" part)as it only pops up for a 0.1 second or not at all

these 2 things all i need to do to finish the game im creating :/
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 19:01
have you made your ball.x and ball.y types global

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2010 21:22
You don't show that you have the backdrop on, but I assume so. I'm not exactly sure if this is what you are looking for, as your question is a little vague.
Insert this

just before your do - loop.
The arbitrary 20000 figure is the total number of ms you want to allow the user, so change it to what you want.

This would be inserted in your main do - loop:

You could then do away with your ballhitedge function.

Venomviper2d
Years of Service
User Offline

i kinda did it my own way for the seconds to restart just the failed part does the same thing

also this game you control all 4 squares tryin to keep the ball in the middle (still needs alot of work as the ball increases every time it restarts )
can anyone help me do the message part when it hits the sides? just want that working first lol
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 00:01

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:28:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:28:16