Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Untitled Project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 18:15 Edited at: 20th Mar 2010 18:16
i had and is working on an idea.. a SWAT type game.. the protagonist is a GRU member who is undercover in the US as a SWAT member and with his squad they breach into places and clear out while securing targets ... Being sent on Sniper missions .. etc.

then something happens and he's turned against his squad and the justice system.

its a new WIP so i'm now just literally beginng.

any suggestions for a name or addition to the plot is greatly appreciated.
also if you have anything model or scripts that you feel would make the game good, id appreciate them greatly

the pic is the testing phase

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 18:59
well first u should get some screenshots up otherwise this'll get locked.
thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
ok 1 minute
2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok dude, you'll need one hell of a computer to run 8 characters at once, not mentioning the enemies. Also, you should post your game when you have a substantial amount done and not just an idea. Just friendly advice. Good idea though, would take a whole ton of scripting to get characters to get into positions to execute door breaching maneuvers etc....
thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
yea ur right, i might just mkae it follow and shoot with the main p layer, so the main player is the only one Breaching. btw i thought the WIP board was to post "Work in Progress" i'd consider an idea progress
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 00:06 Edited at: 8th Mar 2010 00:06
Yes, taken literally the WIP board could, by definition, be any game project that has been started and is at any stage; it's appreciated, and considered a little more appropriate and credible if however, you actually have more than just an idea, and favored even more if there is obvious effort put into the project; in fact, in the rules and outlines post at the top of the WIP thread, it even says "Don't post something that's just an idea". Realistically (and I'm not trying to be rude), there really is no reason to make a post like this because there's nothing really to show - thus, we can't give criticism beyond something like "neat concept idea there man", and when criticism is essentially the point of showcasing a work in progress (hint hint: something that is being worked on progressively), you really could have waited before posting.

Again, I realize this may have come across rude, but I mean not to be. It's just when we all see something like this pop up, we can hardly take it seriously. Keep at it though, you will get support if you strive at putting energy and dedication into your game.

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
no actually that statement clearified a lot.. by the way i'm currently in the stage of creating the SWAT training section of the story
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2010 02:10
the screen lacks any real level design at all. make walls and detail. nice to see you're using airmod though.

thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
yea, i'm working on the first mission right now, the pic was to keep the thread from being locked
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 16:44
I have a school chair if you want one. It's on my free model requests thread.

thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 18:05 Edited at: 20th Mar 2010 18:17
thanks for the offer but, i decided to leave out the school level

the new attached image is from blowing down a vault door with C4.. couldnt capture the fire but i caught the smoke

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:39:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:39:23