Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Marble Movement Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What DBPro concepts could be used to allow a marble rolling on a surface in one instance to drop all the way through a hole in the base surface and in another instance to drop into a hole where the marble is stuck in the hole with the top half of the marble displayed?
Monk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2010 21:37
Newton Physics or Sparkys collision independently handle the vertices of an object so that if it collides with anything, it responds appropriately. In this way, the ball will either fall through the hole, or get stuck. A simple search on either should set you on your way easily.

Luxor_Lar
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I have DBPro Physics package. I didn't phrase my question specific enough. What I am trying to learn is how to create the holes in the base surface. I thought about using a cylinder but I don't how it would penetrate the base surface and if a cyclinder can have an open top with a closed bottom. There is probably much better mthods to create the hole for marbles to drop into using DBPro.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2010 04:57
I think your easiest option would be to create the holed surface with a 3D modelling program.

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 14:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 14:21:37