Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / trying to sort out text

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 14:35
hi All
I am trying to make a program then when i run the mouse over an image it will write something on to the screen and when the mouse moves away from the image the text disappears.
I have added the code to have a look up but it is just not working i get the text there are i get no text can you help please

i want to reuse the area for other text thats why i have but the gosub in to try to make it a bit easyer
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 16:36
1. Move the Set Text commands out of the Do..Loop. You only need to use them once before dropping into the loop.

2. Don't use Set Cursor and Print, (the Set Text commands don't work with it). Use Text XPos,YPos,String$ instead.

What's with all the backslashes - typos???

Quote: "I have added the code to have a look up but it is just not working i get the text there are i get no text can you help please"

Assuming I deciphered that correctly...

3. Your problem is that your program appears to be doing exactly what you told it to do - print some text to the screen when you move the mouse over an image... the problem is that unless you set the size of the screen, you get 640x480 - making your text OFF the screen!

Also using the Text command to print spaces does not work unless you set the text to opaque - it's transparent by default.

TDK

mesaratz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 14:29
sorry mindwas working faster then fingers
many thanks for your help and the backslashes yep!! i just copy & paste, and they come along for the right LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:27:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:27:42