Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / SNAKE - Beta release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 12:30 Edited at: 16th Mar 2010 12:34
Hey all!

I was inspired by my school to program a snake game for 20 players, and so I did

It's not much, I may even be able to squeeze it down into a 20 liner. But everyone is playing it, so I thought I might post it here.

Compared to the usual snake game, this game as some advanced and fun features.

-Your snake always gets longer
-Random gaps appear on snakes to allow a quick escape
-Every snake has 3 bullets to shoot themselves out of trouble.
-All players can be controlled by crappy computer AI.

I recommend you read the "readme.txt" before playing.

Screenshots:

Download : https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/1980250
Thanks for playing, and don't worry, my game project "Mega Mash Mothers" has not stopped.

TheComet

Attachments

Login to view attachments
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 17:27
Hah, nice Comet. It looks interesting so I might play it when I get a free moment later.

Although I'm curious as to how there are so many snakes? Or are they just all AI and 1 player?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 23:14
Quote: "Hah, nice Comet. It looks interesting so I might play it when I get a free moment later."

Thanks! I promise you won't regret playing!

Quote: "Although I'm curious as to how there are so many snakes? Or are they just all AI and 1 player? "

Although it is possible to make 20 AI snakes, the screenshot above shows 20 actual players all crammed together in front of 2 computers connected via a LAN connection.

Unfortunately, the LAN option still has a lot of bugs, so I disabled it in this version (that's why it's a beta release). You can still however have up to 10 human players and 10 computer players.

TheComet

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 15:00 Edited at: 17th Mar 2010 15:04
Wow how the heck did you get 10 people infront of 1 PC twice?

I thought I was doing well with 2 people on the same keyboard back in the day.

EDIT:
K well, I tried to play but I just got a black screen with the word "RESULTS" at the top...

That to me sounds like it's finishing the game before it's even starting it. (Indicating it probably ran so fast on my computer that it ended before it even rendered the gameplay.)
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 16:25 Edited at: 17th Mar 2010 16:49
Ah yes, you have to press one of the input keys to join, so the words "READY!" appear behind your player. I recommend reading the readme.txt file, it explains everything about the game

TheComet

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 20:47 Edited at: 17th Mar 2010 20:47
K well, I did that and managed the following:

Which I think is a bug... xD (I managed to go through my own line then tried it again once I thought it worked and died... )

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 21:54
You're almost there! Now, enter your key to say you're ready, and then go to another player and press both input buttons at the same time. (For example you have "*/- player 5 : " somewhere, press * and - at the same time.) The word "computer" should appear behind the player. If not, keep pressing them, you'll get there...

If you want even more computer players, then press the up arrow button to enable all players at the right side of the menu.

Other human players can join by picking any other slot in the menu. It's always fun to play this with your little (or big) brother or sister, but it gets really fun when 5 or more play.

Hope this clears a few things, I should re-construct the menu and make it easier to use...

Quote: "Which I think is a bug... xD (I managed to go through my own line then tried it again once I thought it worked and died... ) "

I don't think it's a bug, it's the spacings. You may notice that random spaces appear on the snake. They look like thin strings. It's possible to pass through those spacings. And what I think is happening is that you got really lucky and went through a space that is too small to see...

TheComet

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2010 21:07
problem is, mouse buttons does nothing, wonder how to turn and shoot

swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried it, and it was surprisingly fun! You should make sure the "spacings" are always big enough to see. The computers see gaps that don't exist to me! Also, on the menu instead of A/Z, it says A/Y. I noticed only the center point of your snake touching other snakes could kill you, so some computers were sneaking through tiny gaps. One last thing is that when playing with all the players, you can't see the majority of the scores. But, I still thought is was fun.

swis
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 01:40
You can shoot their heads off to kill them

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 23:16:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 23:16:41