Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What is the shadow beneth my car

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 14:55
Hi, I'm new to Dark Basic Pro, and this might seem silly to you:

I made a matrix, 10000 by 10000 and then I loaded the Police Car that came with DARKmatter, as my object 1. But wherever the Car goes there is a massive dark shadow beneth my car. It's seems like the shadow gets bigger when I increase the matrix size. Do you know what's going on, and maybe some quick code to fix it. Thanks you very much, Have a great day!

Daygamer

Daygamer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
maybe you want to share some code with us, try with actuall code you are using becasuse if the model is fine then there is something in the code

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 19:09 Edited at: 16th Mar 2010 23:13
okay, thanks for being avalible. Here's my code. I should mention that the shadow goes away if I get rid of the texture on the matrix or if I move the car off the matrix. Also the shadow seems to be affecting all objects in the program. I posted a picture. The matrix and the cube in the background are both supposed to be totally sand color. (Nice profile pic by the way)

[Mod Edit]: When you post code in, highlight it with the mouse afterwards and click on the Code button at the top. This puts it in a code box and also doesn't lose any indentation you have in it. TDK

Daygamer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 00:14 Edited at: 17th Mar 2010 00:16
Code looks fine excluding get image 1,0,0,256,256 which i`m not sure it`s nessesery or needed.I never used this command and from the help files i can say that it have another purpose.By my opinion you don`t need it, because this is the source of your problem.If you really want it, increasing the height of the camera far from the matrix solve the problem too,i personaly think that is not perfect solution.One more thing when you post code in the forums please use CODE button.Just paste your code in the message field, select it and click on code.You can edit your last post to see the diference.

EDIT: Mods are faster than me and you can see what is the difference using code button

Daygamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 13:45
Sure enough, that fixed it. Thanks for your time. Have a wonderful day!

And I'll keep the CODE button in mind next time, Thanks

Daygamer
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
You are welcome, it`s good to help.In time you may also be able to help others and it`s good for yourself too, because you develop investigation skills and find easier the problems in your code.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:34:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:34:04