Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / N00b Terrain Question.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm using the Free version of DBPro and I'm learning it slowly. I'm currently playing with the Terrain commands and I am using the example shown in the Help file.

This works fine. Is it possible to NOT tile the terrain texture? In other words set it to only tile once? For example, I have used L3DT to create a Terrain. This program creates a Heightmap and it also creates a Texture file which textures the terrain. When I use the texture file, it is tiled on my terrain?
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When I use the texture file, it is tiled on my terrain? "

You have the program, can`t you tell ?
I suggest you use advaced terrain, search about this in forums.
And my second advice is, begin with some project not involving terrain.Try 2D at first.With no basics it`s easy to give up at some point.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
Kedumba
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You have the program, can`t you tell ?"

Sorry for the badly worded question. I'm in transition from day to night shift and that combined with home commitments, I have currently been awake for a little over 26 hours straight and my brain is a tad fuzzy

My question is simple. The example given in the DBPro Help gives me a terrain that has a texture tiled over it. I would like to have that texture not tiled. I cannot find any references to a non-tiled terrain and I am wondering if this is possible.

I will try a search on advanced terrain.

Thanks
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2010 21:17 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2010 21:18
@Kedumba
The terrain method you are seeing, is the old method and works with a tiled texture...now there is a free plug-in, that makes advanced terrains, and you can texture your level with a big texture without tile.

cheers

I'm not a grumpy grandpa

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 10:20 Edited at: 24th Mar 2010 10:21
I use L3DT also. You might want to research memblock mesh terrain or memblock terrain. It's a bit more work, but you can do some nice things with it and it lends itself to using L3DT. The terrains below were made this way.

Good luck!

- Jane

Attachments

Login to view attachments
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2010 18:01
tried the trial version of T.ED liked it alot so bought it easy to use and has decent support

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:28:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:28:10