Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / loading 2D maps in runtime

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi to all

I have been looking in the forums for ages and not found anything to help so decided to post, so sorry if a solution already exists.

I'm working on a space game with multiple star systems, the backgrounds are bitmaps, and everything else are sprites.

what I want to know is how can I make a wormhole that closes down the open map and loads the new map when the player sprite enter a certain area. im using sprite x(1)and sprite y(1) to detect if the player is in the area, but i can't make it get to the mew map.

any help would be great

many thanks

Rogue
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2010 20:20
Quote: "how can I make a wormhole that closes down the open map and loads the new map"

Sorry, but you are being a little too vague there.

Are you asking how to create a wormhole effect or are you after suggestions on what to do in your program to change the star map when a player uses a wormhole to travel about the system?

TDK

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
@RogueCannon
That is just simply zoning from one map to another. It's no different than how you loaded up your current map, just that there was a zone trigger.
RogueCannon
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea I have just figured it out lol my problem was my code got too messy so I couldn't follow see silly errors, so have used more subroutines and rems much better now

Thanks for your replys

Rogue

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:36:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:36:22