Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Bump problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
when i create a box and texture it, it looks fine.
When i try to add a bumpmap, the debugger crashes and thats it.
When i texture the object WITH the bump-texture only i can see it fine.

Therefore i don't think it's a texture-prob. Instead of creating a cube i tried a cube.x file but it generates the same prob.

I have a geforce 4 4600 with 128mb, using all the latest drivers and direct-x
When i play games with bumpmapping it works smoothly. When using another engine it also works great.

There was this bumpmapping-demo for dbpro (but its gone now from the demos?)a while ago and it also ran perfectly.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

I use this code (might be slightly different..i do not know the exact code sine i'm at work)
Velorien
Years of Service
User Offline
Try installing the upgrade for DBPro and also try installing an older version of the drivers, maybe thr version you have doesn't work. Install the latest DX9 again and if that doesn't work sell your computer and buy a new one
Azach
Years of Service
User Offline
I have installed and reinstalled updates/drivers/direct-x and so on.
As i said, bump mapping in other applications work great so i seriously doubt that it's my pc.

Buying another basic would be cheaper then a new pc so i will neglect the advice

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:12:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:12:24