Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 1st and 3rd person views

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
so ive been trying to create an adventure game where the player can change between 1st and 3rd person views (like Fallout 3) but i need a little help. the camera will switch between 1st and 3rd person mode but for the life of me i cant figure out how to preserve the cameras position. when the object is locked to the camera i have no way of telling the object to not position itself in its creation point but instead its position as seen through the camera its locked to. hopefully you will see what ive done wrong from the main cpp.

i appoligize for not being able to properly describe my glitch to you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 01:40
Have you tried dbSetCameraToFollow()?

Grenadiac111
Years of Service
User Offline
yes infact that is what im using as my 3rd person camera the problem is that when i change the camera from 1st person to 3rd or from a dbLockObjectOn command to a dbSetCameraToFollow command the camera begins to follow the players gun like it is supposed to but the gun itself is still at 30,-65,70 on the 3d plane regaurdless of where the gun appaered to be in the dbLockObjectOn command so basically i need to know how to tell the gun to position itself in 3rd person view at the coordinates it appeared to be at when locked to the camera.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-13 11:12:06
Your offset time is: 2024-07-13 11:12:06