Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / server in dbpro, while client isnt dbpro? possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 13:11
maybe strange question, but if i have a game written in java can it communicate with a server written in dbpro? if so are there plugins needed for it?

thanks

*happy coding on his 3D Sandbox Editor*
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 21:43
Yes, but it's not really beginners stuff.

You have two options:
The first is to use multisync. Benjamin has provided brief instructions on how to communicate with multisync from other programs in the help files.

The second is to use the network commands available from my network plug-in which provide you with commands and functions that will be very familiar to anyone who has used Berkeley sockets directly in the past. There are help files available, and also a brief tutorial that you can download.

T4r4ntul4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 22:20
thank you, i will look into it

*happy coding on his 3D Sandbox Editor*
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
The oposite is better.Game made with dbpro and server made with something else like C++.Someone make comparision applications to show difernce in speed, and with some operations C++ is 30 times faster than dbpro.I can`t tell which is faster java or dbpro in your case.But look at the multisync plugin, it`s very good!

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:33:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:33:31