Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / EZ Rotate returning angles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 15:27 Edited at: 31st Mar 2010 15:03
Hi,

How do you return the correct X Axis/ Pitch of an object? I know this has been discussed before, but the other people came up with work arounds that won't work for me as far as I can tell. I need the local X Axis angle to control the pitch of the weapons on my vehicle's weapons. The control is based on the local angles. It works for panning left and right perfectly fine, but not vertically.

PS, I'm not looking for ways of rotating my object as I'm using DarkPhysics for that. I Only need a way of getting the X Axis angles using EZ Rotate.

EDIT - I rewrote this question completely as it was a bit misleading Screenshot included with a temp weapon.

Thanks
Nick

Attachments

Login to view attachments
NickH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 12:52
Surely theres a simple way? I'm using the FindAxisAngles commands. This works for the Y Axis but gets confused on the X Axis.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 19:15
The thing about Axis Angles from EZRotate is the X angle returned ranges from -90 degrees (looking straight up) to 90 degrees (looking straight down)

If you go beyond those points they start counting down to zero again. It's quite confusing.

I've also had trouble with the Y angle returned only allowing a range of 90 to 270. Once you pass those points they start counting down again. I suspect this is how EZRotate avoids gimbal lock, but I'm not certain.

The DBPro commands return 0-360 for all angles, and so I've switched to that as it's a LOT less confusing, and with a little math seems to work fine.

NickH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 22:39
Hmmm interesting! I hadn't noticed the 90-270 thing due to the way I'm using it. Thats helped me a bit just knowing that. Its still not perfect, but it doesn't get confused the same anymore, just slightly differently I'll look into this more now. Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:57:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:57:16