Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sparky's and doors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 13:25 Edited at: 28th Mar 2010 13:25
Ok new problem with collision *yay*

Ok i got the sparky's dll, very cool stuff, awesome!
However... i have a multi room.... well.... room, and within there are several doors, now, when i open said doors, i can't walk through them as there seems to be an invisible wall blocking the way, I can only assume that the collision detection is still in the area even though the object itself isn't

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 540 GB HDD

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 20:25
I would suggest using: SC_drawObjectBounds objNum

to show where the boundaries are of your object you are attempting to walk through the door with. You might have to adjust the radius/size to make it fit through the door.

Glad that sparky's is working out for you.

Levanthus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 21:51
Ah that command was very usefull, and it prooved my theory correct that the collision box for the door was staying in the closed position even when the door was opened.

the only way i have managed to fix it was by executing an
"if object frame (3) => 90 then SC_setupcomplexobject 3,1,2"

for that object again once the door animation ended thus refeshing and altering the collision box, i'm sure there's a better way, but thats all i could come up with so far.

Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 Black edition, 4 GB Ram, Radeon HD 4650, 540 GB HDD

I can see from your smile, you're not here for the sunset.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:48