Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with scrolling background for 2D Platform game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Me and my friends are working on a 2D platform game as a tech project, but we've run into a dead end in the front end. We need the background image to scroll with the sprite as he moves, but we can't seem to get it to, even though we made it work in a separate file using only the bg and not the sprite. As far as we can tell the code should work, but it doesn't. Can anyone help us debug this, because we've tried everything we can think of.

BTW, we are using DBLite right now, but plan to upgrade sometime in December.

Thanks!
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 01:07
I think there is a scrolling tutorial in the tutorials area of this site.

-RUST-
Team Bario
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, it's not a problem that we don't know how to do it, it's a problem that we can't get the bloody thing to work right. As we said, we tested the code first in a separate file in which the left and right arrow keys scrolled the background left and right respectively, but when we plugged it into the script with the sprite, it didn't work. As far as we can tell, the variables are changing correctly, the problem lies in that DB is not repasting the bg image with the new coordinates at the end of each run through the main loop, and we can't figure out why.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 01:03:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 01:03:51