Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiplayer Command Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for reading. If I get this sorted, i'll post the solution here. If it's too hard to read my code, simply ask and i'll comment the hell out of it.

Basically, me and a friend are trying to get a simple chat system working. After that we're going to fiddle more and make a mutliplayer game. We've read tons of threads and can't see what is wrong. Connecting to 127.0.0.1 works fine, but through hamachi or interal IP connections it fails. We can ping eachother just fine, and play other games perfectly.

^^ There's the huge wad of code. If any of you spot the mistake, please help!

Turbosmoothed Realism(tm)
holger at home
Years of Service
User Offline
I am just wondering why you use the internal ip 127... if you want to connect 2 pc's instead of working with the real ip of the host machine?
Is hamachi a tool for using a pseydo ip? If yes, and you've probs with it try no-ip.duc. I use it and it works perfectlky for me.
IT's free and pretty easy.

by the way, i am working on an istant messenger (almost done).
but still as a beginner i have to say that your code looks a bit chaotic.
you should sort it out (using functions) to make it more understandable and get a better overview.
yours

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:33:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:33:29