Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / School/work related

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i am doing GNVQ ICT at school and im going to be doing the design project soon. i was wondering if its okay to be able to install DarkBASIC PRO onto a standalone computer

i was asked by ICT teacher to ask this because if license people saw the program running, they would get into alot of trouble for it.

thanks
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 11:57
if there is only one copy instaled on one machine and used by one user then that would be ok (cos thats what the licence is for..one machine, one copy, one user), otherwise you would have to contact TGM direct and get their verdict on it, I think that would come under their DarkBasic for schools system, so it should be possible.

Mentor.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 12:09
DarkBasic for Schools is only for DB 'Classic', I believe.

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Come to the UK DBPro Convention in Chichester
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 16:26 Edited at: 16th Sep 2003 16:26
classic is good I use it all the time and is very good

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 16:55 Edited at: 16th Sep 2003 16:58
Quote: "if license people saw the program running, they would get into alot of trouble for it."

...only if it's an illegal copy. But then, you wouldn't be so bold as to ask if you could pirate DB Pro on the DB Pro forum, would you?

Mentor, Is the DB Pro license not "standard" i.e you can install it more than once, as long as it is only in use on only one at a time. And surely you can't license a piece of software to just one user? That would be like saying I can use DB, but my son can't unless he buys his own copy, even though it would be on the same computer.
I'm not contradicting, I'm just intrigued to know if this is the case.

just looked, there's no license file in the DB Pro directory!

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 20:35
GNVQ ICT

I hated it, lots of paperwork!

lol

Web Design Starting from $200. Special limited offer. MSN or Email me for more information.
Doogle
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks very much guys

Martyn Pittuck: its an easy 4 GCSE subjct
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2003 11:31
easy????

easy????

I was up for A* in Buissness studies then they forced me to spend 4 hours a week at home writing reports on 'How to make a spreadsheet' etc. etc. etc.

And you have to dumb it down, you cant put PHP, and decent stuff into the website report becasue the examiner does not have a clue. Access cannot include information on VB or use the VBA to do any of the mandaroy tasks that it is meant to.

And finally, as i understand it the Programming modual is using logo and another block program like used in mindstorms (I mean you can even program mind storms in C and VB casue there are add ons to MSVS to do so

Ok rant over. I got a merit btw

Web Design Starting from $200. Special limited offer. MSN or Email me for more information.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 12:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 12:23:11