Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Are you entering the Competition?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 16:47
Are you entering the Competition?
Just wondering how many people will be entering, and how far you are with your game...I'm entering, and have been working on my game for quite a while now, although there still seems to be loads to do!
You don't need to say what sort of game your making if you don't want to, i'm just interested in whether there will be more or less people entering this competition than the last competition...

Robin

http://www.thegameszone.tk
robin@thegameszone.tk
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 16:52
i`m entering. and that all i`m saying

--Dr 0--
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 16:54
Add another one but shhhh
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 16:54

robin@thegameszone.tk
Robin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 16:56
Do you think there will be more people than in the last competition - i'm not so sure - many people have large projects on the run and to fit in another game would be too much. what do you think?

robin@thegameszone.tk
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 17:09
Considering the prize
a lot of people will try,

which means more competition
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 17:31
I reckon more people will start entries, then give up halfway through. In the retro competition anything went really, you could make pong during the weekend and enter it, this time I think the standards will be higher, but more people will drop out .

Hehe, kinda defeats the purpose of a supplied model huh?

BTW I am entering; aliens vs soldiers in a weird cannon fodder inspired RTS.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 19:36
i'm in!!!!!!!! i'll shock you with my game!!!!

Free Download for a Free World
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 23:55
As you all know, I'm entering...

So is my friend, I introduced him into dark basic.

He's gonna make a 3 layered chess game, while my adventure game beats him into the dust, MWUHAHAHAHA!!!

Dark Basic Pro has arived! I can feel the power!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2003 01:54
I've started, but as I keep saying, I can only hope I make it to the finish line. So many probs using DB Pro for the first time...Why doesn't my hud work that used to be so reliable in DB Classic!

Anyone know how many entries there were for the last compo?

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2003 04:04
There were 95 entries.

I am entering compo but still not decided on what type of game. Just putting together the basic structure and title screen, option screen, resolution chooser, e.t.c. Even when I do decide it will be a secret. I will probably enter game with no-one else seeing it or testing it so that it is a surprise for everyone!

Just purchased Milkshape and will learn it over next couple of weeks to do some basic models. Also bought Paintshop Pro 8 to do the 2D stuff.

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2003 04:07
97 entries in the last competition... i think about 2/3 of them were actually valid entries but in the end most of the rules seemed lapsed - not that any of the ones that broke the guidelines actually got very high positions.

This time though i think everything is gonna be much stricter for the guidelines, especially as Alienware aren't so much just signing thier name to this competition - both companies seems to have posed in the guidelines and Terms that they'll probably want to display the winners and better entries for themselves as well.

.. i'm still undecided, ask me again in about a weeks time when the sign up sheet is out. I think i've fixxed my computer problems with my home machine, and pitty my laptop is still out of service atm (they don't take to kindly to being dropped in the pool )

think there isn't going to be as many valid entries this competition, however i have a feeling that those that are entered are going for quality over quantity... i got my cool little platformer which was only just comming to life about 2weeks ago - so have a pretty good contender that i'm working on.

question is more time though, between work + getting Kismet ready for TAToad its a very busy month - but going to be very rewarding.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 12:51:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 12:51:10