Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I can't make a project.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought DB a couple of days ago and so today i decided to try it out.

I followed the instructions that came with the CD and at one point it says " The first thing we need to do is create a new project by navigating to File\new\Project and give your project a name of 'MyFirstGame'.Do not use spaces. After clicking OK, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Projects folder...

I clicked File at the top left then new and then project. I then typed in the name 'MyFirstGame'. When i clicked OK a message popped up on my screen saying "The selected path cannot be used because DarkBASIC Professional Editor does not have permission to access this directory. You should either:
1). Ensure your project is in a path with write permissions
2). Run DarkBASIC Professional Editor with administrative permissions (Which I am).

I hope this is an easy question and that it will be answered quickly
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like you are running Vista or windows 7. Try copying all your projects to a non protected area such as the root of c:. So just save your project at say c:\gametest. That should work.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 20:10
Quote: "I hope this is an easy question and that it will be answered quickly"

Did you search the forum to see if it was an easy question - and had been answered lots of times already?

Please read the stickies at the top of each board before posting. Doing these two things will usually get an answer to your questions much quicker than waiting for someone to respond in a thread.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=116024&b=10

TDK

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 04:28
run it with Admin Permissions, Thats what i have to do.

Google.com. Nuff Said
XFS Illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
ya sounds like a 7 or vista problem. Admin permissions or another folder should solve your problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 18:16:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 18:16:10