Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sparkys crashing my game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 04:03
I'm using the sliding collision function from ruccus' tutorial.

I don't think this function is relevant however, because whenever I use any command from sparkys dll, and then execute the program, it attempts to load and then just closes instantly.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 18:08
Try replacing

sc_sphereslide

with

sc_spherecast

and see what happens.

LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 21:53
Kieran,

I can't say I ever have experienced problems with Sparky's like what you are having. What version of Sparky's are you currently using? I think v 2.05 is the version that came out in 2009. Is it possible that you updated to the new version and left the old version on your computer? Perhaps you could double-check to make sure everything old is deleted.

I put Ruccus' function into a short program and it did not close out the program when called. It also is possible that something else in your code is causing the problem.

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 04:18 Edited at: 9th Apr 2010 04:24
I am using v2.5 and it's the only version I have ever had installed on this PC.

I don't think replacing sphereslide with spherecast will help much because sc_setupobject seems to be crashing the program. But I will give anything a try.

EDIT: ok I have confirmed it. it is sc_setupobject that crashes it.

to try and help out here is an example.

as soon as I comment out the sc_setupobject code it works again.
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 16:19
Could you run this code to see if it works on your computer? It should show a white cube on a large green box. You can move/rotate the box with the WASD keys.

If it works, then the problem is in your code or the model itself. If it doesn't work, then I would suggest deleting and re-installing Sparky's.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 18:05
Since you are using Polygon collision for your model, I suspect there's something about the model's geometry that Sparky's doesn't like.

Try box collision and see if it still crashes.

If it doesn't, then it doesn't like your model for some reason.

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 02:39 Edited at: 11th Apr 2010 03:15
Ok just to make sure it was nothing I was doing wrong, I deleted sparky's, redownloaded, reinstalled and then attempted to run one of the demos that comes with sparky's. That crashed.

EDIT: Not sure if this is relevant, but i'm not sure if my DBPro is too current or not current enough or w/e, but in the "about" dialog it shows "version 1.054" as the version I am using.

EDIT2: Hmmm that could be a problem. Downloading upgrade 7.4 now and then I will test it out.

EDIT3: Yup, that was the problem. Sorry for the incompetence.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:14