Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / World Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been looking at dark basic pro forevor, and what always daunted me was the lack of a decent world editor for placement of things... I am incredibly slow when it comes to picking up coding, and was looking at gamestudio just for that.. to accomodate my visual side.

now years later i am seeing alot of decent changes to db pro, and would like to give it the ol heave ho, but what i am still curious about, is there a decent world editor available, where you can visually place your objects and work on code as you go as in other engines?

thanks for your time

Jikito
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
little edit to this, I know there are several in the forums, but maybe a list of wich ones folks find to be the best, and most intuitive.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 01:29
If you are looking for a program drag and drop...you had better try with FPSCreator.

cheers.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
no, not looking for drag and drop, that would sort of take a bit away from the creativity.
in the case of a6game studio, you can pretty much select the object, use a default script to get you started, or modify til the cows come home to edit the behaviors.
you visually associate the object with the script..thats a bit more of what i am looking for.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 02:53
In that case, you can have a look to Unity....it is easy to use, and you can use scripts to decide what your object have to do.

You can get this program Unity 2.6 for free.

cheers.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
I`m working on my own editor.You can do the same.For now i can load and save my levels, i`m working with dbpro primitives for now but i`ll make object library later.I`ll need sound and shader libraries too.And i`m considering to make 2 versions of it, one with support for terrains and one without.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 00:16 Edited at: 12th Apr 2010 00:17
Yeaah luskos right !! you can make your own editor as you like.Two years ago, I made my own editor, and I have used in some little examples here in the forum.I save all ecene to dbo.

cheers.

I'm not a grumpy grandpa

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:56