Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / DBP Communicator using DarkNET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 21:08
I want to create an instant messenger-style program, akin to Yahoo! and Skype, using DBP and DarkNET.

I started with the "Advanced Cube World" program, removed the 3D world generation stuff and updates, then included my static interface screen. At this point it worked...

From here, I tried to incorporate audio from Client to Server and back, but it refused to work. I was told by the DarkNET creators to use another IP, but I can't given that was the one the SERVER was set for.

I am enclosing my program. I want to incorporate the DBP_CAP camera plug-in for the video, but can't figure out how to code it so they WONT be in their own windows, be able to place them properly on the interface page, and transmit the audio to the other user (client to server AND server to client)...

Here's what I have. Please help.

[/url]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 16:27 Edited at: 14th Apr 2010 16:28
Here's the links from the threads I posted...

Original Post:
"DarkBASIC Pro, TouchScreens and DarkNET"
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=164415&b=1

Other Posts...
"Kiosk Communications Program Assistance"
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=168549&b=1
"DarkBASIC Pro and Windows XP Embedded"
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=163511&b=1

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 16:37
I also need a bit of Alpha Channel assistance.
The issue I have is the image (Interface.png) uses the Alpha Channel for 'holes' in the page.

The thing is, even using this command:

I do not get the holes I need.

Isn't there another way to do that? I'd hate to cut my interface into pieces to preserve the holes, but if I have to, I guess I'll do it.

I have enclosed a current miniature project with just the interface and the DBP_CAP references. (This refuses to quit completely, as well. Could this be a part of the Windows 7 experience?)

Thank you for any assistance.

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 16:39
Oops. Forgot the files...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 02:15
Please, my deadline is next week, May 14th.
I am struggling to get this working.

I have been working to get the camera issues fixed (plus an audio stream) for almost 4 months now, and I am still at an impasse. I stated before that I don't know how to use MEMBLOCKs and the DarkNET (DBPro, of course) plug-ins for the intranet connections.

I wanted to use GreenEar, but that seems to be just audio (though that might be the way to work the audio through)...

Anyway, suggestions and helpful tips PLEASE...

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2010 20:14 Edited at: 6th May 2010 20:29
The memblock commands aren't really that difficult. It would be worth learning them.

I can't really help with the camera issues, since I don't know what you're using for that and honestly I don't have the time at the moment to sift through your other threads on the subject.

If you can describe one issue at a time, I'll do my best to help you resolve it by providing ideas on how you can go about it.

[edit]
Ok, I went through the other threads anyway, just to see whats what. Thankfully they were short.

I'm intimately familiar with DarkNet, and the Webcam plugin looks easy enough.

My offer still stands. We can work one issue at a time, and I'll offer up suggestions on the best way to accomplish your goals.

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 16:41
A bit of background... I started using a modified AdvancedCubeWorld demo from DarkNET, then altered it to allow for only the camera output and audio. I couldn't get the audio and video to work.
Here are the problems I encountered...

1: The camera output will not display on the screen with other items/bitmaps visible. It also will not display with sprites, either. I also need to convert this output to a memblock for transport.

2: Getting audio with the camera and making this a memblock, for transport.

3: Setting up the proper transposition for Agent(A) and Kiosk(K). Placing K in the proper location and transporting it to the A, for view/listen. And the same for A, for location and placing for K.

4: Allowing for clicks on the "Display" (the large area to the right), and getting the right ones from K, to interpret by A, and to display "Google Maps", or another webpage, in that space.

5: A scrolling RSS feed of the Kiosk's local weather, centered in the bottom of the interface screen, between the two logos.

These are the primary issues I have with this communications program. Thank you for your assistance.

I put them all in a list as I have recently lost my step-mother due to a heart condition (10MAY). We didn't always see things the same way, and we did agree to disagree, but she did have a place in my heart. I loved her as a friend. Ma, you will be missed.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 18:27
Ok, given that your interface needs basically Browser functionality, I would suggest making this with something like C#.Net. You really don't need the DBPro or GDK commands for this app. What you need is a Windows GUI app that can take in web cam video and audio.

The neat thing is, you can still use DarkNet, as it doesn't depend on DBPro or GDK.

If you are still determined to use DBPro, that's fine. There's only one method I'm aware of to get browser functionality in a DBPro screen, and that's with BlueGUI.

After looking at some of your code above, there's not a lot to work with, but I'll hook up my webcam and see if I can smooth out a few bumps you're having.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2010 20:02
After spending some time going over the DBP CAP plugin, you are fighting an uphill battle that isn't going to come together before your deadline.

At best you might be able to have the user click on a button to grab an image of them self from the camera and send that as a static display, but live video wont be possible with the DBP CAP plugin, at least not at the quality and framerate you probably want.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but it's certainly not ideal.

The only way I can think of to do it is to use DBP CAP to save individual frames, then load them back in to a MEMBLOCK, send that using DarkNet, make an image from it on the other side and paste it in the window. The resulting framerate would not be good at all, and there would be a significant delay.

Audio on the other hand isn't a problem, as DarkNet has that built in, although I've not used those commands yet.

Unless someone can write a different plugin for DBPro that gives you access to grab an image from the camera and store it in memory, that's the best I've got.

I could probably do it in C#.Net, and it sounds like a fun project, but I don't have the time to spare to research it and start another project. Sorry.

I'll stick with my original recommendation, your best bet is to do it in C#.Net. It will give you access to everything that Windows has to offer, and it's probably even got a system module to give you direct access to the camera data. (probably through TWAIN or something..)

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 15:36
I was thinking about C#.NET, too, but I don't know much about C#.
I could glean some code from others on the various forums to see their approaches, then rewrite the code to make it feel like mine, I guess.

I appreciate your offer, and I understand your time is at a minimum right now. Thank you for your explanations.

I will be looking into this and seeing if I can work it through, and possibly extend the deadline a couple of weeks. If not, I'll just have to abandon the project. (I hope I can get something up and running by the 28th...)

Thanks, KISTech. I appreciate the assistance and the guidance.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2010 19:15 Edited at: 12th May 2010 19:16
No problem. Good luck with the project.

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 02:22
I am working on getting an extension for this project-- another month, the 25th of June.

Could this be built in C# with DarkGDK? And is there a generic camera wrapper that C# can actually use? There's nothing for XNA for any cameras (even the Xbox Live Vision Camera).

KISTech, any advice?

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2010 04:15
Everything you have mentioned you want to do so far can be done in C#.Net. (with or without GDK.Net)

If you are going to make games inside this kiosk app, then yes, GDK.Net would be great for that.

Go to http://www.codeproject.com and search for Webcam. There are a lot of links that come up, to numerous to list here. The ones I saw that make use of DirectShow.Net look promising.

WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2010 02:38
Thanks KISTech.
I'll take a look...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:08:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:08:56