Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hi I would love some help on creating spheres

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 23:31 Edited at: 27th Apr 2010 23:06
I got this snow demo from the forums and the owner said we can use it. So i wuold love to use it to create a little game. but i need some help. I want to add spheres on the ground. I cant figure out how to. I taught if i add this code to the coode it would work.

[Mod Edit] Put your code into a code box for you. Please edit your own posts to do it yourself in future.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 00:05
How is it not working? What results do you get that are not what you want?

ysuleman
Years of Service
User Offline
Nothing happens i dont see the spheres anywhere
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 01:09
Please do not abandon/ignore your other threads.

You have been asked to read the forum etiquette thread but are still not putting your code into code boxes. If you are struggling to do this please ask.

TDK

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 01:01 Edited at: 18th Apr 2010 01:10
Hi, I'm glad you liked the demo . I just tested your code, it actually works just as it should. The only thing is that the fruits are positioned WAY too far down, so you can't see them. The camera is at at least 3000 on the Y-axis, so try positioning your fruits at 4000 or 5000. If you want your fruits to sit on top of the terrain, make them after the MAKE MATRIX and other matrix commands and use the GET GROUND HEIGHT command to position them right on top of the terrain. GET GROUND HEIGHT tells the height of the terrain at a given point. If you added this line right after you positioned them normally, they would sit on the terrain (don't forget it has to go anywhere AFTER the MATRIX commands, otherwise the terrain (a.k.a. matrix) won't exist.

Here is the command syntax:
GET GROUND HEIGHT(Matrix #, X Position, Z Position )

And here is the line of code you would have to add:

EDIT: Here is the code with the above changes. You might want to change your X/Z positions a little bit though.

And please use code tags when you post large amounts of code. The code tags look like this: [ code] CODE GOES HERE [ /code] (without the spaces in [ code] and [ /code])

<-- Spell based team dueling game!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:35:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:35:47