Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Textured plains

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys!

Someone know how to make textured plains locked to camera, look more like sprites.There is some loss of colors when i texture them.I suppose this is related with lights, because 2d images aren`t affected.I`m using bmp images.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 14:42
Have you played with the Set Object command?

There's a parameter where you can tell DB that the object is to ignore light settings.

TDK

luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 18:39 Edited at: 21st Apr 2010 00:48
No i`ll try it now.Let`s see what happens then.

EDIT: It works like miracle Thanks a lot.

2 EDIT: It works now but i hit a wall trying to make some event when there is mouseclick using pick object command, it`s not working at all.Other objects have no problems with picking them, just plains.
I opened new thread but there is no answer yet.Who know i may get attention here first.

I hope someone can try pick object command with plains because there may be something wrong in my system.I`m suffering some wierd interference from previous old installs of dbpro.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:29:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:29:44