Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Somewhat new to DBPro. Questions and re-introduction.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Except that I have been on these forums for a long while.

Well after purchasing that deal they mentioned.

I had a few questions about DB Pro eventhough a lot of time has passed after the release of it.

I am an experienced programmer, where I use mostly OOP, via UDTs(as in TYPE in Basic or Class in C) and I was wondering if DBPro has the ability to declare uder defined types, and put the variabls in them.

Second question would be is, for a bullet projectile system, instead of loading an object hundreds of times, is there an alternative way of doing this where you load an object one time, and then hundreds of set of variables get assigned to one loaded object and have them drawn in different ways for the sake of efficency?

If not then I will have to find work arounds and make my own addons for it.

Well I did seearch for it, and posted a question here to double check if this is true or now.

I plan to looking forwards to making games containing artistic style graphics, since I am not the type of person that wanna make mmos, or games thay look like Halo 2/Crysis as I usually aim especially for older machines/Laptops that don't have fast graphics cards anyways.

So I was just re-introducting myself.
luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ReElectro,
you can access UDT`s with dbpro as in some of your other languages you used, however there is some restrictions you need to know be aware of.

I`ve found this tutorial for beginers in UDT`s :
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=110324&b=7

About bullets, if you really mean object like 3d object, you can use "instance object" or "clone object" for this, and if the bullets are 2d you can use sprite comands.

I hope this helped.

Best regards.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 14:46
Quote: "you can use "instance object" or "clone object" for this"

And don't forget that they don't last forever, so you can re-use objects. So you could have a 'supply' of 30 bullet objects, re-using them as they disappear off screen or are removed because they hit their target.

TDK

luskos
Years of Service
User Offline
Sooner or later his game will make a punch and he`ll come to this conclusion.It happend to me in some point and now i`m aware of everything.The first thing i check when i write something is if there is any performance drops.

Where there is a will, there is a way.
I often edit my posts, that`s who i am

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 16:23:11