Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Blender DirectX Export Fixed! hip hip horray!

Author
User Banned
Posted: 17th Apr 2010 10:18
hi again.
i have finnaly found the problem with the DirectX export from blender

for short "Modifiers" , mostly i use a Mirror modifier for getting the work faster , sometimes i just forget that its there so i finish the model and export but it dosent show.. a problem accured in X viewer.. hmm the exported model size is good.. it should work..
well , blender dosenot temp remove the modifier "Mirror" so it makes a problem with the Exported Model,
fix:
Saving the Model or Blend file on another name "Save as"
applying all Modifiers , exporting.. and walla

so if you use blender and you use modifiers just "Apply" them temporarly in Object Mode , and Export using the DirectX exported that comes with blender.. i have tried several diffrent exported but non do the trick , and it seams that the original that comes with blender do it. wierd ha?

also , dont forget to rename all the objects to the nessecery names
as you would want to use these objects as limbs of the main object and later on the DarkGDK you can check the Name of these limbs making the process much easier then watching Cube01 Cube02 Cube03..etc..
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 02:01
That's doesn't fix nearly all of the problems with the shipped exporter, especially if you want to do animations with armatures. You should check out this thread for more info:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149298&b=3

Otherwise, you could try out my exporter. I just finished v1.0.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 12:33
yeah man i posted this way before sawing your exporter on the 3D Talk subsection.
ty man and ty again for reminding me!
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 10:23
Ah, sorry, I didn't check the dates of your posts

Happy blending!

Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Blender all the way

Login to post a reply